Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I've emailed everyone about the meet, plz check your inboxes. JayJan can you send me your email addy so I can put you on our mailing list for future meet ups. By the way I hope your mum in law will soon be ok Pat.
On another note we waited till Thomsons rates came out in October, we got very good prices, so we'll hang on. Just a question of luck methinks.
If I see any good deals I'll let everyone know. We have used the following airports in the past, all about an hour or so away from us. We're in between Grantham and Stamford. East Midlands, Stansted, Luton, Coventry and Donnie.
Thanks eveyone for thoughts regarding m-i-l.
Will keep you posted if there's any change.
I checked Thomsons and for the same dates in May, they want £238.50 p.p.return Glasgow to Faro :omg
:glynis
Thanks Mick,message received and replied to. :)
For those with holidays still to look forward to,the temperature passed the 100F mark on the Algarve this afternoon. :sun
:wow What more can I say?????????? Looks like we'll need to stock up on the sagres
:rofl :glynis :rofl
Yipeeee 5 days to go and i can then practise good style, sitting under mi pergola wiff a bottle of wine or 2 or maybe 3 & just havin an occasional dip in the pool. Just sad that we miss you lot by a few days for the meet & chinwag, but am on the email list for the next one, hopefully it will coincide with everyone elses dates. Pat i hope your M/I/L keeps well and you can fulfill your Portuguese trip to Cabanas. Cheers Jayjan
Have a good trip,jayjan, and leave some sunshine there for us. :)
Pat,haven't heard from you for a while - how's your mum-in-law ? Is your holiday going ahead or haven't you made a decision yet ? Hope everything works out for you. :gluck
Jayjan,
have a great time.........I'm sure you will, just try to leave some tinto for me and sagres for hubby!!!!! :rofl

Sagres,
2 weeks tomorrow we're supposed to go and it's touch and go...... we're going to speak to the doctor (probably on Monday) to see what he advises. Don't want to go there and have to come back if something happens, but nothing is certain in this life. :cry:
To make matters worse, his sister is going away at the same time as us (although we asked her not to do so as it leaves 89 yr old dad on his own)
That may sound selfish but we booked ours last August and told her so.

I remember 4 years ago, we were in the same situation with my mum in hospital and we had to cancel.......just as well as she passed away when we would have been in Cabby.

So, what's to be will be......I'll keep you all posted.
Thanks to you all for all your kind thoughts.
Pat
just try to leave some tinto for me and sagres for hubby!!!!!

Pat, The five day forecast is for temps up to 109 f - I don't think there's going to be much Sagres left for anybody !!! :cry:
sagres........ would you know what the temp: reached today in lagos!!!!
no sagres left??..well .best they brew plenty more before we get back to lagos [again] in june next year :lol: ..cos we only want the best :)
It's not next June that's the problem - it's next week that's the problem !! :shock:
Apparently it was in the 90's f in Lagos yesterday.
Weather site I use advises it was 95 degrees in Faro.
To everyone who are on my list for meet up. Sadly its cancelled as most people have different agenda's or cant make it. Tis a shame, but maybe sometime in the future we can make it happen.
Sorry it fell apart,Mick.Can I just say thanks for the work you put in to organise things -much appreciated. :wink:
Thanks too Mick, as you say.....maybe one day!!! I'm sure we would need to notify the authorities in advance though to make sure they had enough sagres and tinto!! :rofl
Meeting with consultant on Tuesday morning to see what he advises re M-I-L and our holiday which should be 2 weeks today.
I phoned my friend in Cabby yesterday and she said it was well over 35 deg!!!!
Will keep you posted.
Pat
Meeting with consultant on Tuesday morning
Good Luck :gluck
it was well over 35 deg!!!!
Good Lord :shock: :shock:
Yippeeeeeeeeeeee, got my case packed and ready for the off at lunchtime tomorrow. I will try to leave you a supply of Sagres, Tinto and of course Monte Velho for when you arrive in two weeks hahaha. Pat wish you luck with the M.I.L. hope she is well enough for you to travel to Cabby. Looking forward to some warm weather as our summer as gone down the drain. adeus, diverta se, Jayjan
Have a brilliant time Jay and make sure you leave us all some sunshine 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.