Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
this was nice
1614 Posts
Another step closer - airport transfers ( in U.K. and Faro ) sorted out and confirmed.I think they know that Glynis is on her way - they've forecast a 40% chance of rain for Friday. :(
Hope everything works out for you tomorrow Pat-let us know the outcome. :gluck
Thanks........we go at 11.30 and will let you all know what happens.
dad in law says we should just go anyway but the sister going away at the same time concerns us..............

Got an email from my friend who lives in Algoz and she says the heat has been amazing for this time of year. :sun

Only a week to go for you Sagres and hopefully only 10 days for us. :lol:

Let it rain all it wants this week......as long as it's dry the week after!!!!
Pat
:glynis
I think they know that Glynis is on her way - they've forecast a 40% chance of rain for Friday

Told you!!

But the storm troupers don't arrive until Monday 11th :D Wellies at the ready folks. :D
No worries we can take it. :)
Just back from seeing the consultant at the hospital and he says that there is nothing life threatening with m-i-l at the moment and although nothing is certain, if anything happened it would be totally unforeseen.

So looks like we're going to make it after all :hyper
Thanks to everyone for all their kind words and thoughts.........9 days to go :fly
Pat
Great news, Pat !!! So pleased for you ( and I'm certain that I speak for the brewers and vintners of Portugal as well :rofl )
Excellent news Pat for all concerned. :D
Nice one Pat.
BTW My sister in law is called Pat.
I call her Pat Pending :)
:hyper YIPPEEEE !! :hyper We may be staying out in Lagos after our holiday this year;I've just checked our Ernie Bonds online and I'm a winner !!!
We will take it easy for a few days when we get there and then spend a couple of days looking for our dream villa-we want something preferably within walking distance of town as we don't want the hassle of buying and running a car when we move out there.It will need to have a decent sized garden and, depending on the asking price,a pool would be nice,but it's not essential.
Does anybody have any idea what 3 bedroom villas are costing in the Lagos area at the moment ?It doesn't have to be new-build - a second hand one would be o.k,and,if we find the right one,we are prepared to spend the whole fifty pounds !! :rofl :rofl
Look on the bright side..........you might not get your villa, methinks, but think of all the pints of Sagres for £50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pat
:rofl :glynis :rofl
You could buy a few bricks. At least its a start. :)
I've got an awful feeling that my little windfall will be turned into yet another Portuguese leather handbag for the Senhora. :)
Not sure when most of you go to the Algarve but have a great time, Sagres, Glynis, Mad Mick,anyone else and of course me, going on Thursday :hyper
Will hear all about your escapades on your return.....
Pat
Thanks,Pat;we fly out Monday afternoon(should be at the hotel for 7:00 p.m. ish-hotel bar about 7:01 :lol:)
Enjoy your hols;I assume everything's o.k. and going ahead ?
  • Edited by Sagres 2006-09-09 19:03:59
Yep, all go for Thursday.....should be in Cabby just after 6pm and straight to Supermarket (via the pub) for essentials...ie sagres, monte velho etc, etc. :rofl
Have a great time...
Pat,
Glynis & I (not together I might add ) will have been out there for four days, and you're still hoping there will be Sagres left in the supermarkets??? - dream on !!! :rofl
While I'm on, may I say that you made the "Ambu-lift"(the vehicle that helps disabled passengers onto the aircraft)sound really scary :yikes on the other post.I'm still trembling and I don't have to use it !! :lol: :lol:
Unless you're planning on visiting the supermarkets in Cabby to get your sagres etc....I expect we might be able to pick up the odd bottle or two.....mind you, maybe someone should alert the authorities about the influx of people next week in order to prepare them :rofl :glynis :rofl
Re the lift.......isn't that all part of the fun of the fair.... :lol:
We don't land until 9.30pm and won't get to resort until 11ish so Sagres has had a 4 hour start. We have no chance of there being any drink left in the resort. :bawl
We land early afternoon so we'll beat the lot of you. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.