Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I came back from a 10 day break last Tuesday and from the sounds of it we really "lucked out" on the weather. The completely inaccurate car thermometer said 35-40 degrees some days we were there! :shock:
Sounds exciting cubsur - I love thunder and lightening (not on a flight though :yikes )

Rose have a great holiday - sorry if I've missed you.
Dunno about exciting - it rained hard until lunchtime. I saw some of the damage down in the old town later - that was from Sunday's storm - with paving stones ripped up, drain covers torn out and general mess. Water was 2 feet deep in 'Bar Street'.
Webcams this morning indicate that normal service has been resumed weatherwise on the Algarve - blue skies and sunshine are back again.Time,methinks,for one of my anti-jealousy tablets with my morning coffee !! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
Sorry to hear about the damage cubsur - hope things are back to normal soon.

Just looked at the webcam and yes Sagres sun is out - hallelujah - my friend can now use the large terrace that she's booked 8)
Has anyone got any pictures/videos of the flooding etc in the old town? I can't believe it! We only left last Thursday and it was still boiling hot
One of the people visiting me last week took some photos and a short video; I hope to be able to publish soon.

I took a few pictures at the football ground (where the pitch was flooded and the game called off) these can be seen at http://thomasallen.spaces.live.com
well im back, sorry to inform you

that it was a little cool this year in Kriopigi only reached a min day temp of 24 with horendous storms [the day we left] the rest of the week wall to wall sun 28-30 deg

good job the Mythos was cold :lol:
Yesterday in Albufeira it hit 80F in old money and today feels hotter; 77F on BBC website and 81F on Weather Underground.

Phew!
Well, on Monday evening (1st) we had a very tense text from our daughter imploring us to "bring some b****y sun" out with us! So we did our best - and the weather has been great all the time, getting hotter and hotter (especially after the family went home!!).
It's still hot but just a bit hazy on the horizon. The weekend forecast is looking at 24C but a bit cloudy tomorrow (Sunday) and dropping to 22 on Monday.
Did anyone ever get any pictures or videos of the weather a couple of weeks back? I checked out the link that cubsur sent us but didn't seem to find anything.
Unfortunately my mate's video hasn't come through. The only pix I took were at the football ground which was flooded but not as dramatically as the town.

I took them off the albums as they were not very good!
ah right, let us know if you get anything, cheers
I will be posting a few pictures at http://thomasallen.spaces.live.com later today (Tuesday) - he's having to edit the video as it is too big to send by email.

We had lots of thunder and lightning yesterday evening but luckily not much rain hereabouts - it might have been worse however the storm passed out to sea but no doubt someone to the west copped it!
cheers for those! Man we did have a luck escape, we were standing there only a few hours before!
Oh my goodness :yikes thank your friend for us cubsur.....didn't realise how bad it was.
We had one of those in Lagos the night we arrived this year - 10th. Sept ? -we were marooned in a bar for several hours :lol: and our friends from the bar eventually had to run us back to the hotel.(I think he was afraid of running out of beer !! :rofl :glynis )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.