Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Will flights with them be cheaper to cyprus, I doubt it. Cyprus needs to be opened up to budget airlines.

Brian I thought witches are female, are you a tranny witch. :rofl :rofl :rofl
Hi mike
Helios out of luton or gatport airwick were the cheepest flights i dont know what will hapen now..

i have been maried to the pendle witch for 30 yrs witches don't have to be women they do have High preist you know Whats that you say "warlocks" well you might be right..

brian
Poor you, been married to a witch for 30 years, had better keep quiet or she might put a spell on me.

Mike :D
Todays Cyprus Mail confirms the purchase of Hellos airways by Libra group.

brian
Just a bit more info' on this for those interested!

Libra will pay CYP 1.89M in 3 instalments for the airline according to the aviation press. Plans are to expand this popular airlines network of destinations. Excel Airways will continue to exist as a long term associate of Libra and shall assist with fleet planning and marketing.

Nivsy.
Has anyone flown with this airline? What did you think? Our My Travel flight to Larnaca has been changed to Helios flying out of NEMA, it was their first flight yesterday and guess what it was late!! I'm sure I've read somewhere that they only have 3 aircraft or have they expanded now, as they have added extra routes.
This is their website for more information:

http://www.flyhelios.com

They fly a fleet of Boeing 737-300 (5B-BDY):

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/827939/L/

and Boeing737-800 aircraft (5B-DBH & 5B-DBI):

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/825114/L/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/798284/L/

I've never flown with Helios myself, but here are some reviews:

http://www.carsurvey.org/air/airline_Helios+Airways.html

Darren
Thanks very much, have checked those links.
Cheers
GC
Hi
I flew Helios about a month ago to Larnaca and it was quite good. There was a delay at Manchester but that was from the inbound flight being late. Once in the air the service was good and the leather seats were very spacious.
The return flight was also delayed due to a flat tyre!!! But again good service.
Hope this helps.
I have flown Gatwick to Paphos with Helios, it's the best fight I have had and would use them again apart ffrom the fact you fly back at 7 a.m.!

The food was good, the drinks were free and not just served at the meal time. We had pre dinner drinks and a snack after about an hour, drinks with lunch and I think we were also offered soft drinks after lunch. Same on the return journey with breakfast. The seats were comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful.
iv flown with them afew times and they have a very good service with proper complementary drink etc.. they are occasionally delayed but i wouldnt worry about travelling with them it'll be better than My Travel !!
Well for all you peeps wondering whether the sale of Helios to Libra would have an impact on prices...........I can confirm they most definitely have :evil:

I've been to Cyprus 3 times so far this year and whilst for the last couple of years have happily tried Helios first because of the flights out of Luton for convinience, I'm afraid they can't compete with BA and even Cyprus Airways on some occasions these days for price.

Libra also have a really terrible habit of adding "extra" charges at the drop of a hat, example you call for a quote via an agent one day you mull it over and call back the next and Libra have added anything up to £24pp when you query it the agents just say "it's not us it's Libra and we can't take it off the price" :roll:

Top tip............be wary of ringing round or making enquiries via email for the same flights with numerous agents/websites........this seems to alert Libra/Helios to serious interest and then strangely the prices go up :shock:

It's back to BA schedule out of Heathrow for me from now on :)
Before the sale to Libra I could fly (out of season, granted) LTN-LCA for £70+taxes each way.

Just checked on the net for the same weeks as last year and...£70+taxes each way = £164.90 pp.

Ady
Ady,

Granted I agree that the out of season flights haven't changed that much BUT it looks like they're subsidising those flights with the in season flight prices.

I've just booked my 4th rtn flight to Larnaca this year for September for 2 weeks and by far the best deal was with BA Scheduled........couldn't have said that so easily a few years ago :?

I had really high hopes for Helios when they started.......especially as they flew out of Luton. The service was excellent and I don't doubt that remains, however the fact that Libra have made them less competitive is a shame all round for us "frequent visitors" to Cyprus.

Sapph
A Helios Airways flight ZU 400 from Cyprus (Larnaca) to London's Luton Airport was diverted today because the pilot believed he had a problem with the aircraft's flaps.

It was not an emergency landing, it's what's called a 'local standby' however was diverted to Stansted most probably because of the longer runway.

All 177 passengers had disembarked without incident and were now being helped to their onward destinations.

Its been a bad month!

Nivsy
I am flying with Helios next month. Dublin to Paphos. Anybody know what they are like to fly with? or what films they show? Would love to hear some feeback? THanks
I flew with Helios last year for the first time from Heathrow to Larnaca. The flight wasn't bad but I still prefer flying with Cyprus Airways.
helios was the airline that had that plane crash in athens, i flew with them the same morning that crash happened, i was abit freaked out!!!!
hi just flown t/side larnaca 3 weeks ago with helios, not to bad comfy leather seats punctual timing good sevice while on flight choice of meal, only downer tvs were not workin on one side of plane so quite a long flight without movie otherwise everything ticketyboo enjoy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.