Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
My suggestion is that if you know the time of the flight and the airline you are flying with,then you could contact the airline to check that your name is on the list for that flight for the day you are travelling.That might give you a bit of reassurance if they say they do have your details.
I'm pretty sure that other members will be able to assist you.
When we booked our last holiday at Travelcare (formally Co-op travel) for a First Choice holiday, I wasn't given any confirmation either. - just a receipt. They (Travelcare) kept telling me that FC would send us confirmation, but we never received any paperwork... Nearer the time I rang FC, to book day before check in, and my heart was in my mouth, when they said they couldn't find the booking.!!! After being put on hold for a short time, she came back and sais she had found it... What a relief!!!!
Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is, I'm sure it will be ok. Like the last poster said, ring the airline and see if your name is on the passenger list. I am sure it will be ok though.
Denny
If a travel agent gives you a receipt for your money with just its own name on it, you may not have any security if that agent goes bust.

As soon as you pay any money, it must give you a special "ATOL Receipt".

An ATOL Receipt gives the name of the licensed firm you're booked with, and its ATOL Number. It must honour your booking even if the agent goes out of business. And if it goes bust itself, you'll be protected by ATOL.

I can't do links because I'm new but here
- so look on the caa website
caa dot co dot uk - click on ATOL and follow FAQS
_________

The exceptions to the "Ticket or ATOL" rule are -

* It doesn't apply if you book direct with an airline, rather than with a travel firm - your booking won't be ATOL protected.

* If you book from outside the UK, you probably won't be ATOL protected.

* If you buy a scheduled airline ticket from a travel agent that is part of a chain, there may be a short delay while it obtains your ticket from a central office, and there is a legal dispensation allowing it to do this. This doesn't apply to discounted tickets or packages.
thanks for your help,will ring airline.
sandrax
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.