General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
the way its going it dosnt look like there will be many good bargains about this year
I can't believe that if a company has spaces left with a week to go that they wouldn't chop the price????
the problem as i have seen it this year all the main companies cut back their pre booked beds and reduced the number of flights so the sort of reductions we have seen in recent years ,haven't [certainly to places we go] dropped much..

diy bargains [not necessarily cheap] can be had by using your local budget airline [easyjet/ryan/ etc] and booking hotel rooms direct as many hotels are not full this year
Hmm, slightly different situation here, in the fact that i'm looking for a coach holiday remember. These coaches are going, with or without me ;)

Of course, same applies with the coach companies, they will have cut back this year too. However, if they have spaces right now, i'm quite happy to hold off for another couple of weeks, as i do have my backup!!
as i drive for a living coaching holidays have never had an apeal for me, however there have been several mergers in that industy over the last couple of years as well.. hope you find what your looking for if not do the asame as us.. dust down the tent clean the kit and prey for better weather [fat chance]

wiz
Tent?? Oh, no ta, never stayed in a tent in my life!! I have my perfectly lovely caravan where i am sitting right now, but i'd just like to see some sun!!!! :rofl

It's getting harder to get a coach firm, and a few have even stopped going, but i've looked around, and there are hols available, and given the fact i have my backup i'm just ever so tempted to wait another couple of weeks to see if i can squeeze any more out of them!! :think
The thing here is "if " a company has spaces left.
At the end of the day it's a gamble, and companies are getting cute. They realise that by dropping prices at the last minute people will hang on to booking nearer the day. So some don't. If they've made enough on the trip as it is they may be happy to let it go with a couple of " empties ".
Though i would ask myself, why pay for a holiday ( even if it is a cheapo ) when i've got a caravan sitting there doing nothing?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.