Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Well I have just had a phone call from Hays and they were so apologetic as apparently the prices are showing on there system for Thomas cook,airtours and sunset but they can't cost them as it's not allowing them to :que ,but she said that as it is showing up on there system that it must be anyday that they can price it for me,I explained that the other lady told me she could price them up and she said that it's because prices are showing but they can't cost them up as a package or seperately.

She also stated that Thomson and first choice are not showing prices online and they would be out 02/07
My daughter on passing a First Choice shop this morning went in asked about a holiday to Majorca Holiday Village Viva May 2010 just to get an update on the proposed June release and she was told nothing being released until the end of June beginning of July now.
Angie34

Yes that's what I thought until I received an E-mail from hays travel stating that they could price me a holiday for europe 2010 and when I rang to get this confirmed the lady said yes thats right and would ring me back today with the price to then be told sorry can't cost it up for you yet, oh well just have to wait until the 02/07 then
Hi

I have been on F/C, Thomson and Thomas Cook and none of them are taking bookings for short haul until JULY :think :really

I cannot believe this as many people like to save to pay for their holiday, this is crazy??? :que

Nia x ;)
niajones wrote:
Hi

I have been on F/C, Thomson and Thomas Cook and none of them are taking bookings for short haul until JULY :think :really

I cannot believe this as many people like to save to pay for their holiday, this is crazy??? :que

Nia x ;)

Surely people can still save towards their holidays if the brochures have been printed or not.

I dont see how it affects peoples ability to save for something a year hence (provided they are lucky enough to be in a position to save). :scratch:
A branch of Co-op travel said August yesterday, but I think they tell people anything.
People need to cost the holiday and then cost for spends, therefore they know an average monthly budget that they need to set up a direct debit for.
My latest is the thomas cook direct sales agents have been advised 2010 will go on sale within the next 2 weeks.
first choice confirmed yesterday that summer 2010 would be going onsale on thursaday 25 june.....
Kirstin I know for definite that they are in the shop on the 25th June with First choice but I forgot toa sk the lady if they would be on the web at the same time
Thanks Debbie for getting back to me, will go in the shop and ask.
Can't - They said that to me last week :que
Went into my local First Choice and was told that it is only in the shops to start with. :D
I have been told by direct holidays 25th June in line with other tour ops, its so they all go on sale at the time and nobody has a advantage. I have said before they working together when to release 2010 and it makes you wonder what else they are agreeing to regarding pricing, have different prices for hotels but together raise the prices by 10% or 20% together. The way holiday prices have risen it does make you wonder if they are working together to fix prices.
I have neem told by TC on sale monday 15th. Heard the 11th as well.
i asked in thomas cook shop today and was told sometime this month but couldn't give a date. :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.