We quite like Thomson Gold for a 7 night break each year, separate from a main 2 week holiday or cruise -totally predictable formula, but the "no kids" rule works for us..............retired teachers !!!

In the last year or so I've started noticing that some hotels have been removed from the Gold portfolio and others added without any publicity.

For example, the first edition of the 2010 Gold brochure listed the Hotel Suite Princess in Gran Canaria (converted from their Platinum range) as a Gold choice - when I asked at the travel agent they couldn't locate it in the second edition of the brochure and had to contact Thomsons head office to enquire. It transpired that this Gold option had been reviewed and cancelled without any bookings being taken.

We recently stayed in the Hotel Savoy Gardens, Maderia, another new Gold hotel, although it was quite ordinary compared to other previous Gold holidays.

Now I notice the Hotel Atlantica Bay in Cyprus is due to lose Gold status at the end of April 2011 and be redesignated "Exclusively For Adults" - likewise the Atlantica Imperial Resort in Rhodes.

I'm just curious to know of anybody has more information as to developments - and if any more establishments are to be removed or added.