Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
It will just confirm what room type you have booked , not the "full " location of the room , as you have stated the room type will be reflected in the price and will be exactly as it states when you do the availability/costing check .

I would suggest popping down to the a Thomson or First Choice agents and look in a brochure , they will match the online price , then using the gazatteers system they can email the hotel for you directly if you have a specific room number or location .
thanks Kerry25 for your reply.

Basically I am in dispute with First Choice with regard to the room allocated to me last year. I booked online 9 months in advance of the holiday. I was not given a choice of room location during the booking process, it was a Premier holiday & I expected to be in the best room/location. On arrival at the Cornelia De Luxe ( fantastic resort I may say) We were put in a Garden room ( cheapest room) which was situated some way from the main building.
First Choice have indicated to me that the booking summary email would only contain the room type not the location of the room. In my opinion the location of the room is of primary importance to the holiday. I would not have booked the holiday if I had known the room location to be in an annexe building during the booking process.
Do any of you forum members have any booking summary email evidence which may help me in this dispute ? How can they prove which room location the booking system generated for me during the transaction ?
regards
As you mentioned in your first email , the price of the room varies according to the location , FC will not tell you of the specific location of a room , only the type of the room it is .

If you booked the most economical priced room ie not paying an upgrade/ supplement for the room then FC have done nothing wrong .

If you got the wrong room type then that is a different matter entirely .
Sorry , meant also to write that maybe if you did nt get the choice for the room option at booking stage , it may mean that they simply were not available at the time to book . Again technically they have done nothing wrong , if they gave you the room type that you booked .
The fact that it is a Premier hotel , does n't guarantee that you will get the best room available in the hotel . The best rooms of the house 99% of the time carry a supplement , and if this was not broken down at costing stage , FC have nt really done anything wrong.

Normally the room types are shown , just before you get to the costing page in the hotels description etc.
Thanks Kerry25,
it is the location of the room that is open to doubt here. I agree I received the room type I wanted ie twin/double with shower, wc, ac & balcony. The online booking process must have allocated me a room type & location during the online transaction which was 9 months before the departure date, otherwise the system would allow too many bookings.As previously stated the location of the room dictates the cost of the room.
My complaint here being that the website on 20th Sept 09 did not offer me a choice of location for the twin/double room. The booking confirmation did not contain a location for the room. The booking confirmation email did not contain any cost breakdown of any sort. How was I to know which location I was to be allocated ? For all I know I could have paid a supplement for the best room in the hotel and on arrival First Choice changed my allocation at the last minute. I have no paperwork to know either way & I feel that First Choice are being totally defensive in dealin with my complaint.The online booking process on Sept 20th 2009 did not operate in the manner that it appears to do now.
The actual room location is determined by the hotelier. First Choice merely have an allocation of a number of room types. Where your room is located in the hotel is purely down to where the hotel's staff have space that meets the criteria of the type of room you have booked, not the travel agent, online or otherwise.

Sorry if this isnt what you want to hear.
Thankyou AgentQ,
I may not have made myself clear on this issue. As previously stated I now know that there are twin/double rooms situated in 3 locations sold in this hotel.

1. Garden rooms in an annexe building.
2. Main bulding full seaview. ( overlooking pools and terrace)
3. Main building partial seaview (side of building)

First Choice, in this case, tell the hotel which rooms 1, 2 or 3 they have sold and the hotel reception allocate the rooms accordingly ie type 3 main building full seaview such as fifth floor room 520 etc.

To follow your line of thought it would suggest that First Choice decided at some stage of the process that I had booked a twin/double room in the annexe part of the hotel and notified the hotel of this for them to allocate the room, Shame, is it not that they could not inform me of this fact in the booking confirmation email.
The confirmation email only told me that I had booked twin/double room with wc, ac, shower ,balcony.
As previously mentioned it should surely have contained the room type/location as one of those listed above.
It did not give me that information, the answer to that question is what I seek.
I hope I have clarified things now
regards
I can see (to a certain extent )where you are coming from , however from a complaint point of view you probably won t get anywhere with this.

From what I grasp , you booked a room at the hotel , they provided with you that particular room type , they have fulfilled their contract to you . FC will not disclose any more information than they deem necessary , other than facilities in the said room ie balcony/terrace , twin/double .
Also meant to say , FC will not have decided the location of the rooms , it will be the hotelier that pre-determines this when pricing up the rooms to sell onto FC .
I f you have chance go online to FC yourself looking at the Cornelia Deluxe, you should be able to choose different roomtypes with locations in a drop down box. Presumably now when you book an online holiday it will give you precise location details in the booking confirmation email.
In Sept 09 the drop down room menu did not operate as it does now. FC will not concede this point. If, as you suggest, FC have fulfilled the contract by supplying me with a twin/double room and the location can be anywhere, why do FC charge more for rooms in the main building ? I feel cheated
Personally I have stayed in many a hotel in Turkey where it is dearer to stay in the main hotel rather than a garden room/bungalow. Pine bay resort/Lykia World/Club Letoonia for example.
On each occasion we weren't told before hand that this would be the case but it wasn't a problem in any case. Why was it such a problem to you?
The problem being that I expected to be in the main building of the resort and found myself in garden room in an annexe building, without lifts, some way from the main building. My complaint to FC being that had I known I would be in that annexe location I would not have booked the holiday. Had the website operated then as it does now it would have been easy to search for other dates etc to get the main building location.
It seems to me than you have the "benefit" (or in this case it is a disadvantage) of hindsight.

You now know there are 3 room types ,and FC do charge extra (from your original post) for rooms in the main building, however this does give you a partial/ side sea view or a full sea view .

ALL the standard/entry level rooms from the info you provided ,will be in the annexe , so unless you had paid the upgrade you would never have been allocated those rooms. I realise that you may never had the option to book another room type but that is not FC's fault .

So therefore FC have fulfilled their contract and provided you with the room you had booked. I have looked at the FC website and it clearly says that the standard rooms are in the hotel gardens away from the main building , and I would be very surprised that they did nt have there last season.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.