Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi- Im looking to book flights to alicante from leeds bradford, next september 2012.Does anyone know the date these will be released?

The only other airline that goes to alicante from leeds is jet2, and at the moment the flight prices are ridiculous (Over £100 more than we paid last year).

Belly
hi,

just booked my first flight using my new Ryanair Cashpassort card, as many of you know it costs £6 to get the card but you get £6 off the first flight when booked using this card.

During the booking at the payment stage I put in the very long discount voucher number to get the £6 off - no discount !

Has anyone else had the same or have I missed something. Have just booked another flight and put the voucher number in again and it said already been used, so it knows but seems to have forgotten to give me £6. When logging onto my account there is nothing relating to the £6.

Also when logging onto 'my account' the transaction details list the 2 transactions as 'Purchase - RYANAIR STANSTED AIRP GBR' The flights are from Leeds Bradford (honest just checked and they are !) - could this just be where all transactions are located for ease rather than list the departure airport ?

chris
no idea about your discount but I'd guess the reference to Stansted is something to do with the card's transaction location address and nothing to do with airline operations, i think if you booked with easyjet it would show Luton for the same reason.
Hi steve.

from the lack of feedback it seems I may be the only one who has had the problem regarding the refund.

Chris
actually I suspect it's more to do with the lack of take up of the card - and this report isn't going to improve things!!
will phone them later next week when we get back from Tenerife and give an update when I have news.

Chris
In my experience, check-in staff for Ryanair flights at Liverpool needed no such incentive! They always seemed to keep a beady eye out for overweight bags - both checked-in and hand baggage. I've watched some very rotund passengers sweating their way to the gate as a result of wearing all the excess clothes they'd had to remove form their bags :-)

SM
Friends came back from Valencia on Tuesday and say that all Ryanair passengers hand luggage was weighed and placed in the size cage prior to boarding. Some were over the size allowed and had to pay 'fees' to get them onboard.

We go next week and are now looking for lightweight rolley cases and plan to take my winter coat that has some large pockets !

Regards Chris
Hi Chris,

I've just purchased a light weight carry on case from Argos for under 10 pounds, and it is under the dimensions for Ryanair.

This is it

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2863881/Trail/searchtext%3ESUITCASE.htm

Heres from from Tesco which does look better IMO http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-8725.aspx
yummymummy,

thanks for the info - will have a look and see the best deal ! The Argos one looks promising.

Regards Chris
Chris - can i ask why you have gone for the Argos one instead of the Tesco one? I bought the Argos one yesterday but it is very small, i think the Tesco case will be a bit more 'roomy' but still within the dimensions.
Hi, I got one last week from Argos to take to Portugal next week, the case itself is fine until you try to use the pull out metal handle, it wobbled all over the place without any stuff even in it, also it is extremely small. The reviewers of the item on Argos itself must use it to carry 2 t shirts and a pair of socks. The tow handle is simply not strong enough.
I returned the same day, I'll stick with my "Head" sports bag.
i think the Tesco case will be a bit more 'roomy' but still within the dimensions.

But not if you open up the expandable bit - that extra 5 cms in the width taking it from 18 to 23 cms will make it too big for Ryanair even though the length and breadth are well within the limit.

SM
Well as Dazbo said, as long as the case is 'squashable' then it should be ok. Obviously you would make sure you dont pack it to its full capacity :)
Each to their own of course but if you pack the Tesco case so that it isn't packed to capacity and so that it will still be only 20cms in depth so it can be squashed into either the 'cage' used at check-in or the cardboard boxes that are used to police the boarding queues at the gate, then my quick calculation indicates that the Tesco case will give you approx 21.25 ltrs capacity. Personally I don't think that such a small amount of extra space is worth the extra expense of buying another suitcase.

Finding a case that measures the same as Ryanair's maximum size will give you something close to 60% more space than either the Argos or Tesco one will. If you are going to buy a different case to use instead of the one you already have, I personally would go for something bigger than either of them.

SM
Hi, Does anyone know if there is a size restriction on CHECKED IN luggage. I have booked a 15k case in and my big case is lighter than my smaller one. Would it matter?
Thanks
We came back from Tenerife on Tuesday with Monach and at a nearby boarding gate for the Ryanair flight back to Luton they had the Ryanair 'box'. Never seen them used before - do they place it against hand luggage to measure if the luggage is / isnt the correct size ?

Seems a little bit hit and miss, at least the 'cage' was a definate measure ie if it was too big it wouldnt go in !

Chris
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.