Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
This is mostly just a guess, but I'd actually phone them and speak to a person and get an issue logged onto the system. Just in case there are problems at the airport. It may be there are issues in the computer system today.
Yes, phone them, my son had a similar problem trying to check in for the return flight and it was a systems error.
Contrary to the posts in the past regarding excessive costs when contacting Ryanair, if its a callcentre flight booking query it costs 10p a minute - you may have to wait a few minutes before you speak to someone or maybe you get luicky and get straight through.

If you have an 'internet' related problem you then call their tech support and its £1 a min. I have had to pay £1 a min to call UK tech support departments for others companies (not Ryanair) so the cost is nothing new !

On the rare ocassion I have called Ryanair customer services they have been very helpful.

Chris
re Broadway travel.

A friend of ours has booked an apparently ABTA registered holiday through Broadway travel which includes flights and hotel package.

The flights are with Ryanair and the hotel in in Ibiza. I asked him about the flights and he tells me Broadway travel company is a legally registered agent of Ryanair and they able to book Ryanair flights on behalf of its customers.

They dont need customer credit cards as they can book flights with the agreement of Ryanair and only need your passport details for the API aspect. They print and supply your boarding passes etc.

He wasn't able to tell me if he could have booked the Ryanair flights at a lower price to what he paid as part of the package but was nevertheless happy with the deal Broadway Travel offered him.

Regards Chris
Ryanair do not have any registered agents. If they are checking in for clients they are booking with a specially set up email address for Ryanair to email confirmations etc through to. This means the client doesn't get any direct confirmation or any other emails from Ryanair. They can't access their own booking on Ryanair website to check it, and any extras or anything that wants changing Broadway will have to do for them, and charge for the privilege.
Any flight booking done through any agent the lead passenger should always be able to add the API, and check people on that booking in. How can an agent answer security questions on their behalf?
re my original post last weekend,i have been given the run around all week by BROADWAY TRAVEL.i was told the girl who booked the priority boarding would phone etc,but she never.i have made in excess of 15 calls and 7 emails between saturday/wednesday.i finally got hold of this person and she once again said when she booked PB with ryanair for me it was £20 per person.i said i had spoken with ryanair who confirmed it only charges £5 per person per journey.she put me on hold,then came back saying she just spoke with manager and as i was not told the cost of £20 per person included admin fee,they would refund £20 to my card,so i would still end up paying £7.50 per person per journey.As yet the money has not arrived in my account.This is the first and LAST time i will use this company.sunaddict is correct as i tried to go to manage my booking on ryanair site and input the 6 digit ref number broadway have supplied,and it does not recognise it.
daveg, I hope you get your refund soon. Broadway operate the same as quite a few online booking agents that sell RYR flights. By setting up a special email address it prevents you from managing your own booking thus enabling the agent to charge high admin/amendment fees on top of RYR fees. This is to help compensate for the fact they don't get paid commission from RYR, as RYR don't deal with agents.
It is usually better to book direct with airlines, but in RYR case, it really is a must.
Hello!

Please can someone tell me which rows give the most leg room? Is it row 1, 2, 16 or 17, or are they all pretty much the same?

Any info would be much appreciated!

gaz
The quick answer is rows 1, 16 and 17 are the best. Row 2 allows you the benefit of reserving a seat but not with the 'extra' leg room option but the benefit of allowing children and those who are unable to satisfy the requirements of sitting in emergency exit seats ie those with a generous waistline who need a seatbelt extension !

Row 1 give you the quick exit and rows 16 / 17 give you, in my opinion, a little more legroom than row 1 but you are in the middle of the plane and no quick exit option - depends what you want for your £10 each way

Chris
  • Edited by TFS1 2012-06-19 05:34:11
I've just booked a flight with Ryanair to Billund for September and it's been an even worse nightmare than usual. After the site 'froze' and locked me out I had to go through the whole process again. Once I thought I'd finished it tried twice to persuade me to get insurance then they decided I wanted a car! I think everything is OK now but still haven't received e-mail confirmation. Another problem will probably be that a friend is flying back with me and will be booking from Denmark. She needs special assistance and priority boarding. so we are hoping they will allow me to board with her. I haven't requested priority so I suppose it will depend on what mood their staff are in on the day. :roll:
I've flown with Ryanair a few times in the past, but not since 2010. I've flown with Easyjet several times over the last couple of years and when booking, am always prompted to add passport details after the booking has been confirmed.

Yesterday, I booked flights to Lodz with Ryanair. At no point was I requested to add passport details and I can't recall at what point that request was made last time I booked. Will it be when I come to check-in online that I add the passport details? I'm not flying until November so have several months yet.
Hi Pippy

I flew with Ryanair yesterday and was asked for the passport details when I did my online check in.

Judith
Ryanair to cancel a third of its Morocco flights

Ryanair is to cancel 34 weekly flights to and from Morocco in a row over airport charges, representing about a third of its schedule to the destination.

Its London Stansted flights to Fez and from London Luton to Marrakech will stop on October 1, along with services from other European airports.

The airline claims the country's airports authority, ONDA, has reneged on its agreement with the airline by imposing a new "monopoly" handling company which was demanding a "massive increase" in charges.

Deputy chief executive Michael Cawley said: "It is regrettable that ONDA has now lost sight of the key to the success of our partnership, offering low fares based on low costs. Ryanair cannot accept cost increases as it seeks to deliver more growth to Morocco."

He claimed Ryanair had become Morocco's second largest airline and its withdrawal would cost Morocco 100,000 tourists and €50m in economic benefit.

"Ryanair will now allocate this capacity elsewhere to the many markets earnestly seeking Ryanair's growth and that are offering long term, sustainable cost bases to underpin Ryanair's guaranteed low fares," he added.

With permission from Travelmole
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Ryanair to cancel a third of its Morocco flights

Ryanair is to cancel 34 weekly flights to and from Morocco in a row over airport charges, representing about a third of its schedule to the destination.

The airline claims the country's airports authority, ONDA, has reneged on its agreement with the airline by imposing a new "monopoly" handling company which was demanding a "massive increase" in charges.

. Ryanair cannot accept cost increases as it seeks to deliver more growth to Morocco.

"Ryanair will now allocate this capacity elsewhere to the many markets earnestly seeking Ryanair's growth and that are offering long term, sustainable cost bases to underpin Ryanair's guaranteed low fares," he added.

With permission from Travelmole

So they're happy to accept the cost increases on the other two thirds of their flights ? Be interesting to see where " elsewhere" is if there are so many markets.
Oh dear ... MOL has found a fly in the ointment and he's not happy. The usual response. No change there.
http://www.ryanair.com/en/notices/gops/120702-sp_tax_increase_en-GB

Possible retrospective payments due to the increase in Spanish airport tax for flights booked prior to 2 July and to be taken after 1 July being clarified, waiting to see if the Spanish government want to backdate this to prior to 2 July.

Sounds as if this will be the last we hear about it ! - if its back dated what date do they use ?

Chris
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.