EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi Amanda :)
I have never actually bought a property in Turkey, but from my limited dealings with people wanting to buy land / property, then the short answer is yes, everything is open to negotation.
:wink: Kev :wink:
You should be able to negotiate, never pay what they ask, we got our villa for £12000 less than what they were asking last year, the same applies to furniture etc.
Good Luck

Non approved sig removed Briar
Depends a lot on the agent if they have inflated the price of course they will drop the price but have probably overcharged even after you get a reduction. I only give the lowest possible price to my clients. Give people on here a clue as to the size of the villa and the asking price and they will be able to respond with their knowledge of prices. Also goto the expats part of the forums and get it on there. Dont be pressurised into saying yes until you have some answers, it wont sell tommorrow and there wont be other people interested whatever the agent says. And if you want further advice pm me.
My motto has always been "If you don't ask, you don't get"
When people are selling a property, they have the price they "need" to get and the price they would like to get so they normally price at the "would like" price.
Most sellers whether they go through an agent or not do this, so always make an offer.
You can always increase the offer by a little if its refused, and remember to only pay what you think the property is worth.
Good luck :)
very often an agent would have inflated the price. There is always negotiation. Some tips...
1 if you have cash you are in control.
2 if it is offplan then offer more as down payment and less as total
3 if none have been sold on the development then owner will take less money to finish build
4 try to buy in the winter when people have less money.
5 have the money easy accessible to clinch deal
with all of this have a good solicitor to make sure your purchase is safe
Happy hunting
If you have found the villa of your choice and you love it, then before you make any offer, contact a legal adviser who is familiar with the area, but not one who is recommended by the agent. Ask them how much they will charge for a complete sale and how much for various consultations. The consultations will allow you to find out the full legal aspects of the property laws in that country.

Do some homework on the property yourself such as:- how long has the property been on the market, is it off-plan or re-sale? What are other property prices in this region like compared to this one?

Do not be worried by any saleperson putting pressure on you. They are only doing their job which is fine and so being nice and pleasant to you is all part of the package. But at the end of the day, after you have bought, its you who will be left with any problems. So, if you have any questions ask the salesperson BEFORE you purchase to check these out. If they come up with the goods then put in an offer.

It is impossible to say what offer to put in because every property is different so do your research first. Good luck.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.