Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Its highly likely that Vicky was either lying or hadn't yet been informed of the postponing of the hotel.
You just can't rely on a word First Choice says.
:twisted: right i have just read all your texts and cant belive its not opening till july. im going 9th september and they better not stop me going coz my kids are looking forward to this :bhead
Ok ...well mine is cancelled and i am going to book Cyprus but i don't know which one of two hotels.
We're due to go 13th September and to be honest I hope we get cancelled.
The whole thing is a disater, I just think its going to have all the same problems as The Pegasus Palace had last year.
At least if they cancel us we won't incur any charges. If they would let me cancel right now free of charge and refund my deposit then I would within the blink of an eye.

Then I wouldn't have to spend the neat 4 months wondering IF we are going on holiday and if we do get there, what sort of shambles will we be going in to :twisted:
hi, yeh, i think vicky was definitely lying to you, i spoke to fc at around 5pm and she told me i was cancelled for the 14th june and offered me pegasus palace. i wouldn't believe much fc tell you.
I cant beleive that they would send out tickets 2 weeks before people were due to go knowing that it was not ready ??????????, does'nt ring true to me.
We are a group of 10 going on the 16th August 2006, getting pretty nervy now having read the latest from sp55. We have decided to go, however at this point we have no option as if we were to cancel 1: where would we find an alternative, 2: we would incur cancelation costs, our expectations are that the place will be fully functional....my kids are looking forward to it, it seems a no win situation at the moment. what can I say....
Lisa
Where are you looking in Cyprus??
Booboo2
I can assure you I am not telling fibs. Kos ABC IS NOT opening before 1st July. I was due to go 2 weeks today and I am now in the middle of changing my holiday to Cyprus. We have all made good friends on here in the last couple of weeks, what have we got to gain by telling fibs. If you want to be fobbed off by someone at fc who says it's all ok then that's up to you.
hi all, gezhead's wife here-naomi.well its all very disappointing,being as we were part of the 24thers too. But as yet we have heard nothing from fc as to being cancelled,but obviously it is inevitable.we too have 3 very disappointed little boys and have been searching for a new holiday.we are looking at still going to kos but staying in another hotel. just wondering lisa where in cyprus are you going and is there much difference in the cost,if you dont mind me asking?
we are in shock really about all this cause once you ve got the tickets you feel like youre on your way.
sp55 thanks for your info, and could you recommend another good hotel in kos that is good for young children aged 5,8, and 9 years? that's if theres any room at the inn !!!! thanks
somebody private msg me - i dont know how to use this
sklr. Where are you thinking of going in Cyprus? We've been thinking about there. I'd like something for the kids tho and can't seem to see much.
Sam
We're looking at the Riu Cypria Bay which is more expensive so we don't know if we'll get that (might have to pay more), or Papantonia Hotel which we went to about 5 years ago and we really enjoyed but I don't know what it's like now. What are you looking at?

Karen
Please anyone who does go to KABC before 16th Aug...if your lucky post some pic's so we can prepare for any possible shocks, hopefully there will be none...but maybe I am nieave. Also does anybody have anymore new pic's todate

Thanks
hi

I'm going to book the club atlantica sungarden. I'm so unhappy now...feel like i am starting over...i know it sounds silly but i felt really safe as i felt as though i was going in a group.
I am so sorry for everyone who is cancelled but I have to agree with some others who are going later and wish mine was cancelled now as well, we are due to fly on 23rd July and I didn't want to be one of the first out but will be now if it opens on time !!!!!! It also means now more waiting for us all and not being able to relax and enjoy the build up to the holiday, no more talking to the kids about it just in case it doesn't open. My big fear is because it's the first two weeks of the summer hols then nothing will be available to book that is half decent :(
Having a really crap time of things this year already so this is really not welcome news and a lesson learnt for me never to book anything not already up and running again no matter how nice it looks.

XXXXX
There is a TV Programme on tomorrow BBC1 @ 7PM (Most of you know)

Kos Aqua-closed until 1st July.

Kefalonia Aqua closed all season.

FirstChoice is setting up a crisis line from tomorrow - as of yet i dont have a number!!!

Interesting hey!!!!
Hi all,

Haven't posted anything for ages, but been watching everyday, but didn't expect to come home from work today and find that all this had happened :( .
We don't go until 19/7, but First Choice (haha) sent a letter to me a couple of weeks ago changing the flight times, and offering to change my holiday at no cost due to this, it may be an option, but the kids will be devastated. Also going at that time, I'll be restricted to where I'll get flights from Glasgow, and also the price :?
We were at the Pegasus Tropical last year, and were the 2nd wave of British guests, arriving on 7/7, 1st wave arrived on 4/7. We had a rollercoaster ride before we went with all the carry-on with the Palace, but I have to say that this tonight is worse than that :!:
Can I just say for those that are going to the Palace, I'm sure you'll have a great time, we really enjoyed our holiday, although there were significant teething problems, but they will be well dealt with now. It is a great place, and kids will have a ball with the pools and slides.
We met a lovely couple last year, and because our kids got on so well, and we had told them about KABC, they booked for this year, going the same day as us, so don't know what to do now.
Will keep a watchful eye on here, and hope that something good starts to happen :(

Lee
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.