Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
leannec I would say it was 3km from tigaki, hire a bike with lights on and pm sp55 about places to eat. when we drove past the kabc, there was always people on bikes and scooters driving past on the road from tigaki to kos, the kabc seems like it is on a old country road not close to any thing really, sp55 will enlighten you
There are several really good places to eat in Tingaki, and lots of good places too (or at least there was last time we were there, which is a couple of years now. The best place is called Michaels. It is near the roundabout at the beach end of Tingaki. From the roundabout face up the road through tingaki, towards the mountains. 50 yards on your right is a hotel, right next to this, almost part of it, is the restaurant. The proprietor is called Michael and the food is excellent.
Bailey

We were due to go on the 30th Aug but brought it forward to 5th July as it was cheaper Mcfester is not going to the KABC he is going to pegasus palace in turkey instead.

michelle
I heard second hand reports that work at the hotel had stopped. There were even reports of problems with the police. I checked it out this morning and work is back on. I even saw a stack of sun beds on the pool deck, so they definetly want to open. Keep your fingers crossed.
Is anyone now considering changing this years holiday ?
After reading Gezhead's post on the state of the place last night we're seriously considering it.

We talked about it last month after the Holiday Hit Squad programme but decided that as we wern't going until September 13th it would probably all be OK by then, but now we've got serious doubts.

Even if the building work and pools are done theres going to be no tidy beach, and if they haven't even started the landscaping yet the place isn't going to look very pretty.

I just don't know whether to hold out and see if it opens first because if it doesn't we''ll be in a better position to get a better holiday from First Choice.
Last time they were honouring free child places and giving up to £150 per person towards another holiday.
Hi we were booked to go on the 20th July but after reading the forum we chickened out and changed to Turkey. I am gutted as I really fancied the KABC but we will see all your feedback and if good book for next year. We actually got a better deal but we weren't in the position to wait as we wanted kids club, all inclusive and creche and were worried we wouldnt get anywhere. If you are not going until September, I would wait and see what the first set of reviews are like but only you can decide if you are brave enough. I must say I am seriously unimpressed with First Choice so far!
Hi Alex UK, you really are better off at the moment waitng to see what happens. As you dont go till September you hav time to see how things play out. When we got cancelled originally from the 28th June we got Moved forward at no extra cost. The difference was not great but there was no hassle. I know the £150 thing is not set in stone, they are bound by ABTA rules to provide another holiday. There is no mention of cost limits. I guess it is a guideline used by FC staff. When we changed we did not get our two free child places on paper, but all they do is rejig the figures to make it look like you have paid for the kids, and then they reduce the adult price. Its just a paper exercise. I think the confusion over changing came about because people who had not been cancelled wanted to change as well as those affected by the opening date change. So FC tried to accomodate everyones wishes. But there are rules to be followed for cancelling holidays and you should get what you want (within reason).
Anyway dont forget everyone keep the faith. It will be open and finished on time. Repeat the above phrase throughout the day and when any doubts creep in :D
Hi Everyone

We are going to wait and see what happens we don't go till September :!: :!:

I think it will be ready (she says with fingers super glued together crossed)

If not FC will have to change us and pay the extra :roll:

I am really annoyed though FC have put me in this position again after changing from Pegasos Palace but I have to take some responsibility for choosing a new build oh well

I am positive all will be ok really really want to go to Kos Aqua :!:

Just have to wait and see what happens over the next few months :wink:
Hi Kelly Marie, please let us all know where you are going next year so we can avoid it at all costs :D
message below
  • Edited by gezhead 2006-06-02 07:47:00
just to let every body know, i only saw one end of the beach club and that end of the beach, this site is a big site and could take 5-10 mins to walk from one side to the other i didnt see the middle of this site or the other end just one end .if you look at the the photos in the photo galleries that is what the beach is like up the other end i went on the beach behind the place where the pictures were took, back from the boulders, alot of the beachs in kos are like this.
Please let's stay positive here, even gezhead seems to be trying to stay positive for us and at the end of the day there is nothing we can do if things change other than be prepared, so as people here have said before the last cancellation look around at a few other alternatives so that you are ready and armed so to speak. I am worried with my holiday starting the first week of the school holidays and what will be left but I am not going to let it get to me, I have started the diet today :lol: and have marked a count down on the calendar, 7 1/2 weeks to go.

Trudie, hopefully KABC holidaymaker 8)
Hi trudie im with you on trying to stay positive we all want to go to kabc we can only wait and see what happens it is out of our hands we can only pray and hope :sulk
Hi Alex uk we too are thinking of changing :hmmm but not until we see what happens to the 1st of july lot if they wern't entirely happy with kabc we are going to change, dont really want too so im hoping they will all come back with happy, good, memories of kabc as at the end of the day we have all paid enough money to get there and all have a good time :glynis so the complex should be up and running according to the broucher :bow please let it be ready!!!
hi as anyone been trying to book to go to kabc as it wont let me book for sept it may be that i dont have the accomodation code if any one as it could they give it to me to see if i can book as my sis is interested in going and i dont have the code thanks :tup
Gina
If you go to the leaving soon icon on FC website put in your details (date how many travellers) you can find Kos Aqua that way.
I do not know accomodation code sorry, but I hope that helps
Hi KABC code is 4990.
Good luck
hi thanks for the kabc code -code 4990 wont let me book accomadation before may 2007
gina m, it is definately bookable.

I have just checked for 6th Sep, you have to select leaving soon, select your date, airport, duration, number of passengers then Kos and it will give you all the ones available.

Then click on the price for KABC.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.