Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
me again - just checked origianl description of restaurants:-

Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the buffet restaurant, snacks at the pool bars and snack bars (snacks served from 10am to 6.30pm). You are also entitled to dinner at any of the following restaurants: àla carte roof-top garden restaurant with an Italian theme, Greek taverna-style restaurant featuring meze, Mexican restaurant (all subject to availability and to be pre-reserved either on arrival or during your stay). Unlimited ice-cream (from 10am to 6pm).

There was no limit previously - now we have 12 meals in a buffet restaurant and 2 meals in a la carte (will need to look out for which nights is what theme). If I eat elswhere and pay FC will be getting my receipts for reimbursement.

I know it WILL be open - but this is just another saga.

Has anyone thought how busy it will be in just two restaurants as opposed to 4!!
I take my post back - emmabombemma beat me to it and had the answers :oops:
Wilsofamily

We went to the Titanic Hotel and Resort in Turkey. It was excellent (see my reviews and the thread under Turkey).

We are considering going to Kos ABC next year though, now that we have found that the Aqua Beach Clubs have kidsclub for 4-11 year olds. They are not billed as Bugs Bunny/Taz and Wavelength at the ABCs and in high season they will split into under and over 7 year old groups.

I'm crossing my fingers for all the 1 July-ers. Sure it will be great and they will ensure all fantastic.

mrsgaz
Just rang FC they cannot give me a suitable answer at the moment so am waiting for them to ring me back. Surely if the rooftop restaurant it covering mexican, italian and greek then this means that the other two restaurants will not be open because the roof restaurant was supposed to be italian. Anyway I suppose I'll get fed another load of bull**** when they call back. Will keep you posted.
Hi all, just had a nose back at this forum and cannot believe its happening all again, that doubt and worry that FC have caused us all is phenonamal (sp) Gezhead whereabouts in Kos did you end up staying? and would you go back/recommend etc? My kids will get to go to KABC as their dad has booked 18th July 2007 for them, we are also looking then to return as a family in 2008, I am off to Costa Del Sol holiday village on Friday and although im excited the enthusiasm isnt the same as what it was for Kos, It didnt help that the day after we were cancelled my work colleague booked to go to Kos on a late cheap deal, we we restricted because of the no of us adults going and our work committments so had to look else where for our replacement holiday.

My advice to those still on the rollercoaster fc ride, is to hang on in there, IF they cancel again they do try their best to accomodate you where you want and times you want, we actually changed twice before settling on CDS, Ive just had a look at Gezheads pics and it still looks a right mess, but like he said it was only one end of the complex, and even today that may already have been cleared away.

My main worry when I was still going to Kos was that we would have still been flown out to KABC thinking all was fine and dandy only for us to be shipped off to somewhere else (that wasnt all inc and thus us not having enough money for self catering) as someone has posted this has already happend with Kef. Anyway guys my fingers and toes are crossed for you all and really do hope you get to have a great holiday in Kos, I look forward to seeing the pics and hearing the reviews so that I can show the kids for next year.

Michelle xxxx
Hi,

I am member of a Greeceforum in the Netherlands.
("Griekenland forum"). I notice that the English seem to have more update information about Kos ABC than we have.
We hope to go there on 16 July 2006.
The story becomes more horror each day, it seems....
Only ONE restaurant available?! May I misread this part.
Suppose the resort is completely booked...
Long waitinglines for buffet etc. .....
Anyway: we also wait at least till 1 July to take "action", maybe to go somewhere else.
In the meantime: I read all your posts as well as the Dutch every day...

Good luck and..... keep up the (good) spirit!
greetings,
IreneJ
The suggestion is that maybe only one of the extra restaurants will be open, and that this will rotate on the themes listed. The main buffet restaurant will be open. All of this is really unconfirmed at the moment.

It is also a major breach of ABTA rules and the package holiday regualtions if they try to ship anyone to a resort knnowing that the hotel is not ready. I seriously doubt that this has ever happened in recent years. They have, under English law, to advise you before departure if your hotel is not ready.
Hi everyone, I know that fc are not always to be believed but really we have no other choice. It's either believe what we are told and just ride the storm or transfer our holiday. Until July 1st I am just going along with everything I am told, not just accepting it but checking with head office everytime something new crops up. This morning after the posts about the restaurant I checked with my local branch and they in turn checked with head office. They confirmed that all 4 restaurants will be open - the buffet - the greek taverna - the mexican and also the a la carte. It is only the a al carte restaurant that with switch themes, they couldn't confirm the themes but suggested it maybe something like italian, american & english. It is also only the a la carte restaurant that can be visited once a week all the others are unlimited visiting.

Like I say I am willing to accept anything that head office tell the fc staff in the branch because basically I have no other choice at the moment but I am making notes about everything that is said and also ensuring that the staff write notes on my computerised booking form because then they cannot dispute what was said in event of a claim.

I think that anybody that is worried about the restaurants should ring and demand a full explanation and hope that all the calls should keep fc on their toes.

I am also currently phoning about the kids club, I know it is not Warner Bros. anymore but I am concerned about the age ranges as my 6 & 7 year olds always go together and I hope they are not going to say they have to go in seperate clubs at seperate times. When I booked I asked and they stated there would be no problem but reading the listing above I need to check.
I agree with what you are saying emmabombemma but it just seems strange that this has only now been posted and the themes for the a la carte are the same as the other restaurants which makes me think that it will only be the buffet and rooftop restaurant open. Lets hope I'm wrong, still waiting for FC to ring me back, surprise, surprise. But like you say there is really nothing we can do about it at this stage. FC must inform everyone going if this is the case.
reading emmabombemma's message, it says the themes will be different.

mexican, greek, buffet, then a la carte being american, english & italian.

if the above is correct then great - loads to choose from.

feeling positive again - 9 weeks & 2 days to go :fly
Hi all, i think the only thing we can do regarding this is to take deep breath and sing " We're all going on a summer holiday........." on the count of four........ :D
Just got off the phone to fc - they say the kids club age ranges will be 3-5 the 6-8 then 9-15. They are the same as the Bugs Bunny ones just not bugs bunny. My children will be chuffed.
As for it being illegal to switch resorts knowing that the hotel will not be open, it was done in Kefalonia and I have heard of it being done here.
Hi SP55. they may do it but if they do then they leave themselves wide open to a legal case on return. They would not be able to challenge this as they have a statutory obligation to advise before departure. They cant claim that they only found out that the resort was not built whilst you are flying over there.
I guess not too many people know their rights. Hope none of you do not have to find out the hard way.

It is great that we now have internet at the place where I work so I can pass my time away, just that it is too much time.
Yeah SP55 you should not be spending your working hours on the internet. You should be out in the sunshine or swimming :D
So how on earth can FC get away with it?
Do they wait until the airport this end or destination end?
I would be hopping mad!!!! :rage

Well anyway, sure that is not going to happen in Kos.
Fingers, toes, eyes and anything else I can cross for you guys and I am sure you will have a super time :D

If positive thinking can do it - then the KABC will be superb!

Brook St
as has been said before if you have done so yet click the link after my signature and PRINT THE SAFE AND SOUND BOOKLET and take it with you

if you have any problems at all follow the instructions to the letter so you will have a valid claim on your return if you are offered any form of compensation only accept it without prejudice and point out a further claim may be made by your solicitor on your return

wizard
Come to think of it, when I would meet tourists and they would tell me they had originally booked such and such a hotel and were then shipped to another hotel, I never did ask them if it was or their own choosing or where they forced to go there. I just assumed the first. I guess the saying is true. Do not assume anything for it makes an (ass)- of (U)- and (m).

But I can tell you with certainty that this does occur with Germans, and that they still might ship you here and keep you in a hotel for a couple of days until the hotel is finished.

By the way firebird when do they have to tell you the hotel is not ready? If they tell you a couple of days before and then tell you they have found an other accommodation for you in kos, will you say no given such short notice.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.