Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hello people,

well ive continued off and on to read the posts to see just what was happening with the KABC i was meant to be flying from Glasgow next wednesday the 14th June but my holiday was cancelled a few weeks ago...

i did say back then the lassie in the travel shop had said to me the complex would not be opening until the 5th july and she said in all honesty with my years of experience i very much doubt it will be ready then...

They gave me just over 4 weeks notice...so i do think if the complex is not going to be ready they will very very soon start cancelling again.

look folks i know your all getting worried i was exactly the same and near to tears when i was told my holiday was cancelled but in all honesty the travel shops will do their very best for you and believe me they will make sure you get everything your entitled to...i have ended up getting a holiday to Mexico a 24hr all inclusive hotel ...everything was changed over and i havent had to pay a penny more...after advice from people i stuck to my gun's and in all honesty first choice didn't argue a point they know they are in the wrong...

i fly out next wednesday...and in many ways believe ive got the better holiday now....

many who were booked for may have had their holidays now and most ended up with better deals...

chin up peeps be positive stick with it they will get you a better or equivalent holiday.

i wish you all the best.
As of right now we have absolutley no reason to believe that the resort wont be open or ready on time. All that is happening is that our paranoia (which is understandable) is getting the better of us and we are all starting to get anxious and panicky. Please try to be positive and all will be well.
Feeling very positive :wave
I wouldn't say i'm positive but i'm hopeful :?
Only 25 day left so should'nt be long before the 1st july lot get tickets or a letter so lets try and all stay hopeful
I also managed to speak to FC today. They said much the same, that it will be open before the first July and that everything is on track. I know we have heard all this before yet i am still being very positive :D
The hotel will be open for the first of July, I have no doubt.
Just done dummy booking on FC website and the information about the rooftop restaurant has now been removed!!! What is going on?
think fc must think we are all pushovers and don't bother checking their web site or talking to others about the situation on this forum we are certainly keeping them on their toes by doing dummy bookings and continuing to chat on here about the situation.i am still positive that it will open on 1st july though other wise if they weren't confident about it in the first place surely it would have been much cheaper and easier for them to cancel everyone for this season like they did at kefalonia that would have been the obvious answer if they were not certain wouldn't you think.
All this lovely weather is certainly getting me in the holiday mood at the moment going shopping for holiday clothes tomorrow don't really need anything new but hey who says you have to need it want and like it are the same aren't they :D positive thoughts positive thoughts :sun
Hi everyone,

Anyone who has paid more for the holiday than it is being advertised for now. Kick up a fuss - I did and they gave me £1000 back. I originally paid £4500 for 5 of us to travel on the 12/7/06.
My travel agent told them the price had gone down and I wasn't prepared to put up with considering all the anxiety we were going through!!!!!!!!
They came back and allowed us to change to the 19/7 in hope an extra week would give them more time to open and gave me the difference in price quoted now back. BARGAIN I'D SAY!!!
So don't put up with being ripped off - GIVE THEM HELL...

However on the down side...will we actually ever get there... somehow I doubt it!!!!!!!!!!

Paula
i tried to do a dummy booking on viewdata today and there was an errata on there no 4990F saying that the roof top restaurant will be a la carte and only 1 visit a week will be allowed and they will change the theme 3 times a week i think someone at firstchoice needs to make there mind up about things.
I am hopeful that the KABC will be open 1st July my balance has gone to firstchoice this week.
Well done Paula!!!! I am surprised they actually did this as the prices of holidays due fluctuate with availability but hey you got a result! Let's see how many more people can get the same result.
Hi Janenmick

Yes they tried in vain to wriggle their way out of it. They tried to say it was a late booking price, but I pointed out it was many cancellation price due to being on TV.

When I threatened to cancel they came good. So give it a go. Oh and just for good measure they upgraded our rooms as well!!!

They deserve to be fleeced after this disgraceful treatment.........

Paula
F.Y.I

Just to let you guys know........F/C pulled the Kefalonia ABC for the whole year a few weeks ago but didnt inform everyone! Holiday makers turned up at the airport at the end of May and were told, "sorry we have to put you up somewhere else"!!!!!! :shock:
When you hear the stories from the people at the Kef ABC it may make you a bit more cautious.....I do feel you may be setting yourself up for a fall if you PRESUME that F/C WILL come through for you all at the last minute! :?

Here is the link for the "airport" story if anyone is interested......
http://www.ionian-island.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1148395647/8#8
Paula, I think they refunded the difference because you actually cancelled one res and rebooked another.

I used to work in a travel agent and they cannot refuse you the difference back - they may try but legally they have to.

Wouldn't work if we just called and said hey the holiday is now cheaper can I have the difference back. Just like buying something in a shop then demanding money back because it is now in the sale.

Well done though - £1000 goes a long way - no need to save spending money now or better still go clothes shopping!!
Squeeky, The tale you are referring to is quoted as follows
Have been told by someone in the tourist industry that people are turning up at the airport and expecting to go to KABC and are being shipped to other places.

As you can see the story is another friend of a friend story from someone in the tourist industry. It does not really stand up to investigation, especially as there are no complaints on the forum from ANYONE it actuallly happened to.
Hi how is everyone this morning?
Anymore news for us all.
Janenmick did you get your call back from FC? I'm still waiting for mine!
Oh my what a rollercoaster of reading this is!!! I think the last minute jitters are starting to kick in, If anything bad is going to happen then it will have to be very very soon but I'm still hopeful all will be Ok and a great holiday will be had :sun
ps - Carole, I originally gave the wrong date for my departure it is the 26th and not the 23rd of July for the list, sorry !!
Hi everybody just reading through all the comments :roll: i really do have mixed emotions 10 weeks today for us normally when we go on hols we are so excited we cant sleep im right about the not sleeping part but thats the worry and stress if they are going to cancel people will be having letters soon :no lets just hope they dont come and be positive :hyper
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.