Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
OOPs read that wrong :oops:
  • Edited by Sukaay 2006-06-08 09:06:24
Hi Janenick,

We have looked at the one in Cyprus as well. Theres also a decent one in Corfu and Fuetuventura. I just hope they are still available when the call comes!!!!!!!!

Let me know if you find anything else worth looking at - althougth we can't go to Mexico because its too far to rake the kids.

Paula
Hi, I see that spirits are low today please everybody try to relax and think positive.

As for switching resorts and looking in brochures please remember you are not tied to fc. If YOU decide to jump ship now you will have to find an alternative holiday with fc or lose your deposit but if/when fc cancel us all we can then choose from any brochure we like! So if you are feeling stressed and would like to be prepared look up some prices in other brochures. But remember that is only if THEY cancel us.

Like I say I think we should all stay positive and think lots of lovely thoughts. I'm of the firm believe that it will all be fine and that we will all have fantastic holidays and be able to laugh about all this in a years time ( please fc!! ).

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts xx
I will try emma

Happy thoughts Happy thoughts :sun :pele :glynis :arrow: :fly to the builders in Kos
It has not worked yet :(
Positive thinking is a great thing it really does make you feel better. You can just end up tying yourself in knots over something I'm afraid to say we have very little control over. More than anything I want to go on THIS holiday the one I booked nearly 16 months ago to KosABC but I know that if it doesn't happen they hey I will be going somewhere. I will not just put up with something I am not happy with I'm sure fc will one way or another sort us all out a damn good holiday. And at the end of the day we should try to count ourselves lucky that we can afford a holiday in the first place as plenty can't. I know none of this makes the situation any better but let's just try to look at the silver lining.
:sun i am of same view as emmabombemma stay positive no point in worrying ourselves silly especially as i am one of those unfortunate people who eat and drink more when they worry rather than lose their appetite altogether !! i also have the luxury of not going until 16 aug and can wait and see what reviews people post my final payment is due 21 st june so i would hope if they do cancel 1 july people they will have been informed by then :?: if this does happen i will maybe have to rethink my options but one thing is for sure i will not be bullied into going somewhere i don't want to go to even though i'm not too fussy don't mind if it AI or not SC will do as long as hotel is nice clean and of course built and resort not full of drunk kids or too quiet all i want is sun sea and relaxation good food drink and facilities (like millions of others i expect )

Bob the builder he can fix it bob the builder yes he can ! :glynis
Come on guys we need to turn this around, nothing has happened yet to bring this on so lets try to be positive and get back to happier posts until something happens either way for sure :D we need the songwriter back to cheer us up with a few new lines :yipee
Well between you and me mrsmel I think we can sort all this just through nice words and good thoughts. It's all going to be fine.
Hey Trudies joined us too, welcome!
Sorry guys have now jumped ship we have managed to get 2 family rooms at the holidayvillage pegasos tropical in turkey. It looks great on the photos that are on this site for it and the latest reviews on this site also sound promising.
Going to go to KABC next year instead.
Anyone fancy meeting up there JULY/AUGUST next year?
Good luck to you all I know when I hear how you all had a fantastic time I will be so jealous that I jumped ship but I think its for the best for our size party.
Thank you all for all of your help support and input on this forum.
:wave
:ghug works everytime, so does chanting I believe, It will be OK, It will be OK, It will be OK, It will be OK :lol:

Is there anyone who was in contact with the holiday hit squad on here still if so then you could contact them again to see if they are going to do a follow up as the new date is approaching for opening? this may be all it needs for fc to step up like before :?:
Paula we have only paid 4'090 for the 7 of us so really pleased we will be getting money back.
Its a shame cos the kids would of got on great. I was looking forward to meeting you all too.
I'll keep checking how you all are getting on. Sorry. :cry:
I am really gutted but at least no more worrying i can now sit back and relax like we should of been doing. My hubby didn't want to go to turkey but has now changed his mind.
Have a great time.
So sorry to see you go Wilsonfamily, I hope you have a good holiday. I am staying positive honestly but if fc are sure of opening why have they let you change so close to your dates, did you really have to push them to change? Also for Turkey do you need extra jabs & you need to have them 6 or 8 weeks prior to travel, i thought you do but could be wrong just in case we go there as I have looked at this place in the brochure as a back up
We're all going on a First Choice Holiday
Given the choice we wouldn't want to
Never again will I choose a holiday
With First Choice, it will be someone new.

We're going where the builders start early
We're going to a place that's new
We just hope that it's finished
Will we have a loo?

Everybody loves a summer holiday
Doing things they always wanted to
But will we do them on this summer holiday
I'll let you know when its through.

Were going where the sun shines brightly
Were going where the sea is blue
We've seen it in the brochure
So lets see if its true

Altogether now :)
Sorry to see you go wilson family but i guess it will be better for you now no more worry.

Have a fantastic holiday in turkey. :) :sun
Well done Sukaay :lol: I'm singing along :rofl
My mother-in-law has just said that to me about jabs - not sure let you know soon.
There are 4 family rooms left but 77 Jacuzzi rooms but we had to have 3 of them cos the room occupancy is now only 3 so went for 2 family rooms instead. The photos on this site look better than the brochure if you need to look.
You lot will just have to raise your glasses for me and send a photo on the website when you get back. :glynis
Cheers sukkay just read your post but too late sorry
Well done Sukkay love your song. And thanks agains for everything. You lot have been fantastic. I've realised why the kids are addicted to MSN now!!
Trudi You are recommended to have Hepatitus A (not sure if thats how you spell it) 4-6 weeks before you go so just booked mine in. So its up to you if you have the jab. and if you have the booster 6 months later you are covered for 10 years.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.