Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
sp55 - will you be passing by KABC in the near future, another update would be great and your honest opinion.

Things seem to get really positive after you have posted comments :lol:
well apparently all restaurants are back as normal, there was a mistake on the website - what do we believe???
Hi The Wilson Family, I am still awaiting a phone call. I emailed them on 6th and got a email back to say they have passed on information to Customer Services. I am not holding my breath and I am not wasting any more time or money on them. Nice for all of you who are still positive but like I say with only 3 weeks to go somehow I just get a gut feeling all will not be right for us on 1st July. Let's hope I'm wrong. It would be useful to get more feedback from the Dutch forum as they are due to depart before us.
Kos
I belive the Dutch have now been delayed tilll 1st July now too

I'm also from the Dutch greece forum and i'm watching this forum for a while now. I'm sorry to say but the first people who are going to KOS on our forum are due to leave 2nd of july. All dates till the first of july are cancelled.

And today we had a message on the forum that KOSABC will not open on 1st of july. The travelagency which booked their (a member on the forum) holiday will come with an alternative, they'll hear more about it tomorrow
Hi Janenmick
The 1st people to on the Dutch Forum is the 2nd of July so that isn't much use to you I'm afraid.
I'm hoping we all end up going but like you have so much doubt.
I take it you too are waiting till you hear any different?
If they cancel your date I think the rest of us July lot need to look at another holiday too.
Lets hope not.
I did ask today when they would know it would definitely be open and she said they couldn't tell me that because when they cancelled the 1st lot in MAY/JUNE she said they seemed to be the last to know.
Someone somewhere must be able to find out more about this hotel than the call centre
Does anyone know how much time the May/June people got before they were cancelled?
There is a man who has an ice cream truck . He also sells sandwiches, soft drinks, coffee and other things. For the past winter and until today he is parked by the hotel selling his stuff to the workers. The previous years he would travel the various resorts selling ice cream to the tourists passing by Tingaki three to four times a day. I have yet to see him here in Tingaki. Apparently there are so many workers working on the hotel that he is making more money selling stuff to them than going around selling ice cream to the tourists. If I see him driving around in Tingaki in the future that might be a sign that something is going wrong and I will investigate for you.

This a company that has invested a lot of money not to open. If they do not open they will have lost one years interest on their investment. If they thought they would not open they would have stopped activity. So for those of you going latter on you can breath easier. Now for those of you going early July......
SP55 carry on and tell us your thoughts for us in July PLEASE
Hi The Wilson Family, I think I am right in saying that the May 24thers were cancelled following the programme on the telly around 10th May which was about 2 weeks before they had to travel. We only booked our holiday on 8th May!! Thanks SP55 I think you have just confirmed what I said earlier I am very doubtful about the 1st July but hey, who knows. If we are going then I will PM you and arrange to buy you a drink for all the effort you have put in keeping us all updated. Thanks.
Thank you SP55.

There is still hope - I really don't think FC will want the rep ruined anymore that his has already.

Come on guys try and stay positive :D
All I was saying is that this is a hotel that will open up this year. The deadline set for July 1st is not unrealistic, and there is a good chance it will be done, but there is no guarantees.
SP55 if you do take another visit past KABC please let us know

And thanks again for all your updates, really appreciated.
Hi All,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but my hubby came home from work today with a tale of woe about F/C.
Apparently, his mate booked with them last year and they didn't cancel his hol until 2 days before. Offering him a totally crap alternative. I'm feeling increasingly nervous about this affair.
Afterall they only gave the May and June lot 2 weeks and that was because they were backed into a corner by tv.
I suspect they'll hang us on so we have no choice but to take whatever they offer, in order that we can still go. Especially for those who have to take specific holiday dates. Coz they won't want to lose all our money and they make sure it takes ages to get it back from them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've just emailed them asking them to confirm something in writing at least about how long they will leave it before cancelling. ( DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH FOR A REPLY THOUGH )!

What a gloomy day.....................Paula :(
Paula, out of curiosity. Was the alternative a holiday at the same resort or location ie you book Kos Tingaki and they sent you to Kos Kos towm or something totally different ie you book Kos and they send you to Rhodes.

I heard of tour operators doing such things but from second hand reports, only to be corrected by my friend firebird that goes against the law and does not occur.
sp55 looks like you will be a local at the KABC this year :rofl
Another week and i reckon we will know more.
Lets all keep our fingers crossed.
Paula don't think they will tell you cos i did ask this morning and they said they couldn't say. Be good if you get someone else and they do let you know. I seem to get through to the same girl over and over again - is she the only 1 working there??!! Maybe they have had to sack loads of staff for making such a mess of things (that's a very polite way of saying it the way i feel with fc at the moment) because they have had to pay too much money for compensation.
Well everyone all we can do now is wait and see
heres a tip for all the future kabclubers, before you book the return transfer from the airport to the hotel you are advised to phone up the hotel and ask how many km it is to the hotel from the airport, this is becuase a taxi to the hotel from the airport and back again might work out cheaper, we didnt have the transfer because we booked a hire car, but i think the price for the transfer with fc was about 75 pounds for five of us that works out about 100 euros for a transfer ,the lady who worked in our hotel told us that the taxis charge is about 1 euro per km, if the kabc is only 30 km from the airport, you might be paying 40 euros exta than what it costs for a return jurney in a taxi, might be worth it. as 40 euros will get you a nice meal out or part of a lovely family nice boat trip or will get 3 kids in to the water park for the day, cool :tup
Hi SP55,

I'll ask my hubby to ask him tommorrow. All I know is he wasn't very impressed!!! They asked him for more money to go somewhere else...

I know for a fact the tour operators can cancel at such short notice, because they did it to us on our honeymoon. I got the letter about 10 days before we were due to go. We ended up paying a shed load more money to go somewhere else and there was only two of us then. Now i'll be looking for a holiday for 5.

I did have some reserves, but noticed today they had all gone, so we are really up the creek without a paddle if this goes belly up!!!!!!!!!!!

Paula
Hi everyone,

I'm really on my soap box today.... F/C have had an ear bashing, I've got no work done coz I've been searching for holidays....

AND what really bugs me is this.......F/c must have a good idea of when this place will be finished, so why on earth they have to keep setting unrealistic dates, it's beyond me..Don't they realised us hard working folk have to save our pennies all year for these two weeks. Also, we look forward to it all year and then this........................

HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH IT???????????????????

I am really really really fed up today - even the world cup isn't cheering me up. This waiting to hear whether wonderboy Wayne has got the all clear is so fustrating................

Soz for moaning everyone
Paula
Hi Paula, I like you have rechecked our reserves and they are now very limited and not really what we want. Normally we book our own flights and accomodation which works out cheaper but just wanted a stress free week away to recharge after my daughters wedding. Never again, I will be back to booking my own holidays, like that I only have myself to blame if it all goes pear shaped.
Evening all,

Just updated the VIP list on page 55 if anyone wants to back-track. Added our two new friends from the Netherlands - Welcome and thanks for your very valuable input.
I know I'm a very sad case, but I've been checking the room allocations since 4th June and overall in 3 days they have sold 2 holidays (not very good) as last May when we were booking ours, the allocations were disappearing before our eyes.

Availablility as follows:

1st July 6 from 7 - Sold 1 Holiday
5th July 23 from 22 - 1 Cancellation
8th July - SOLD OUT from "any London airport" (don't know about north or other regional airports)
12th July 14 from 13 - 1 Cancellation
15th July - SOLD OUT (as 8th July)
19th July - 6
22nd July - 2
26th July - 8 from 10 Sold 2 Holidays
29th July - 1
2nd Aug - 9
5th Aug - 1

The other thing is FC as a whole do not seem to be re-allocating other people to KABC due to cancellations for other holiday destinations - which for whatever reason there must be some - if you get my drift.

On a personal note some years ago now with Cosmos - I had a "holiday from hell" experience, whereby on landing at Lanzarote Airport during the peak intake week for the island - I was told that the hotel I had booked was overbooked and I was to be reallocated in another hotel. For this to hapen is as you can imagine devastating. At the time Cosmos said they had tried to contact me the day before departure, as, I think by law once your holiday has commenced they can not do this. Anyway I confirmed no one had contacted myself or the travel agent I booked through and they were infact in-breach of their contract. So, as not to prattle on too long, I was moved 3 times during my two week holiday and on the last move was transferred back to my original choice I had booked for the final 7 days of my holiday. On return I took Cosmos to ABTA and they settled out of court for 1/2 of my holiday cost - which was what I thought I lost.

In defence of this, I think FC are a much larger company and as I said this was some 7 years ago now and I think Tour Operators codes of conduct have moved on since then. I have holidayed with FC for the last 5 years now and must say their holidays are of a good standard (in line with what we book - don't forget! 4* AI), and I must say I have not been disappointed yet!!!!!!.

I still have a gut feeling (silly me) that it is going to open on the 1st July - if it does'nt they can say goodbye to the whole season and I don't think they would have put a last ditch effort into getting it open. As to teething problems -well, there are going to be many, but lets face it "Someone" high up in FC is getting their b***s well and truly chewed for this and I think there will be so many "Suits" crawling the place - they will bend over backwards to ensure everything is put right as quickly as possilbe and to ensure everyone has the best holiday they can provide.

All we can do (so long as the dreaded Cancelled don't letters turn up) is go with the best frame of mind we can muster (we are British- after all), enjoy what they offer and if there is a fault, put in a complaint "in resort", GET OVER IT, it and get on with the rest of our holiday. Then when we get back if all is not well - then thats when "our rights" come into action.

Sorry for the length of the posting - as you can see I am dangerous when let loose on a keyboard - but rest assured, I am addicted every minute I can get to keeping fully up to speed with the postings - I did tell you I was sad.

Have a good evening
Carole
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.