Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Guess what, FC have not called back and office is now closed. Just what I expected. Will try again tomorrow but don't think it will make any difference.
:roll: hi how is it going with kabc is it still opening on the 1st july, or have fc made up more lies, well when i changed my holiday the over day they told me it is opening on time and they have writen confirmation of this. but i said i would go to turkey just in case. :twisted:
Hi All
Well What can I say???.

I am so annoyed with FC. Looking at the pics I have come to the conclusion they have lied to us KABC Holiday makers once again. It is obviously quite clear that the building works are no where near finished just seeing the electrical cable tied up on the stair well says it all!!! The place is like a building site still - I really don't call that just the landscaping to be finished.

I have also phoned FC yesterday - I too am still waiting for my call. But they did say it may be today because they didn't know what time their manager was getting out of her meeting (probably a meeting about KABC)
I have told them I want it in writing that there is going to be no work still being done on the KABC during our stay if they are adamant they are still sending us there. Can't think of anything worse than paying to spend 2 weeks on a building site. :evil:
I would not take anymore advise from FC without getting it in writing because it is easy to say like they said to me yesterday "I dont know why 2 people have told you the building work is finished because we haven't been told that!!" so from now on anything they tell me on the phone I will be asking for it in writing.
Still hanging on in there - JUST :cry:
Kos
Hello

My final balance of holiday is due the 1st of July when the first people on here are due to fly out.
I am going to hold out till the last min of that day just to see if there is any updated info.

Still sending positive thoughts to myself and the builders in Kos come on builders get your act together or I will send out Bob the builder and his gang.

:wink:
Hi,

Can anyone tell me the direct line to first choice. Apparently there is one which just deals with the KABC.

Cheers Paula
or I will send out Bob the builder and his gang.

haha! KellyMarie!
Oh boy! I'm getting more nervous each day.....
My husband even thinks of taking his own tools along....
Well.... some men get bored after sunbathing for an hour or so...
And fysical work is relaxing - for some of them! -
Not my idea of spending my holiday!
Still waiting and seeing what will happen!

IreneJ (Netherlands)
Hi Paula,
there was a direct line for KABC customers it has now been cancelled and they have a pre recorded message to call the main line again.
So you have to que and wait again.

You go on the 19th with us don't you?
How are you feeling at the moment?
Hi Wilson family,

Yes I am okay at work trying to sort out dates in case they let us down. This is really unfair of F/C - hols are supposed to be exciting not stressfull and worrying. I can't even concentrate at work as you can see!!!!!!!!!

Just want to know one way or another if the place is going to be open. Don't tell me, they don't know yet!! They have to hire the staff and train them yet - so even if its open can u imagine the bloody shambles its going to be for the first few months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are we letting ourselves in for............. :oops:

Really fed up and cross at the moment.......by the time they tell us its off, there will be limited choice for 5 of us.

Paula
Hi Paula, I am really fed up with it all too.
They said yesterday it will definitely be open on the 28th June when their Dutch sister company holiday makers will be arriving.
The annoying thing is a holiday we were going to choose instead of the KABC has now increased another £1'000 for our family which is not fair because if it wasn't for FC we wouldn't be in this position. I am reluctant to pay this extra so am hanging on in there until they tell us different, at least if they cancel us they will hopefully pay that difference.
I am still waiting for that call from FC, might give them a call now to see whats happening.
I will never ever choose a new complex waiting to open again because you are right it has been so stressful. Normally at this stage you are getting really excited. WISHFULL THINKING AY?????????
I'm not so worried IF the place opens up whether all personnel etc. is trained enough to be capable enough for their jobs. 2 years ago we had a terrific comparable experience in Turkye. Uptill the final moment it was tricky if that place would be finished in time and also to receive guests!!
Also two different things.......
But........
It was fantastic!! One of the best holidays ever!
Restaurants, bars, roomcleaning, poolcleaning etc.: as if the staff were used to do it for many years!

Of course there were some minor logistic problems but it was no constructionspot! And apart from here and there a painter, gardener etc. these activities didn't ruin the holiday.

I'm mostly worried, indeed, will they manage that deadline?!

Well, still keeping all fingers crossed..!!

IreneJ
Just been onto FC again - Pointless
They still haven't got the information that i want!!!!
This company is unbelievable.
I can't believe they can be allowed to do this to people.
They are still waiting for their product team to notify their supervisor of the recent details and to answer my questions. I asked if I could call them direct and they have told me it is an internal line only :bhead
I have a funny feeling they know more than they are letting on.
The only glimmer of hope I have is she said that when they cancelled the first set of dates if they weren't positive it was going to be open they would of cancelled all dates for this year like they did the other ABC in Kefalonia, so lets all cross our fingers and hope for the best

Sorry to be a bit of downer, I must find my more positive feelings again.
Has anyone got them!! If so please return them as quick as possible :lol:
Thanks for that IreneJ and welcome to the english site. On your forum is there anyone going on the 28th June 2006? if so keep us informed because surely they will be the 1st to hear if there is any bad news. But fingers crossed there won't be.
Hi Wilson Family,

I'm also from the Dutch greece forum and i'm watching this forum for a while now. I'm sorry to say but the first people who are going to KOS on our forum are due to leave 2nd of july. All dates till the first of july are cancelled.

And today we had a message on the forum that KOSABC will not open on 1st of july. The travelagency which booked their (a member on the forum) holiday will come with an alternative, they'll hear more about it tomorrow.

We're still waiting for some more information as it's not clear to us, Someone phoned FC and the are telling us that they'll open next week. So what's the truth right now? based on experience I'm afraid FC is lying again.

MamaIvanka, who's due to leave september, 14th
Did I read that right - not opening on the 1st!!!

I was just about to send some positive vibes to The Wilson Family!!

Lets pretend that post was not there, until we know for sure.

I am going 9weeks and 1 day today - getting very excited as the weather here is good.

We will be going to KABC :roll:

:fly :ghug
am speaking to FC right now, lady has gone away to check
And for what its worth they have stated that they are still advising that the KABC will be open for the first July. They state that they expect the hotel to be open slightly earlier and that they will send some people out to test drive the facilities. I guess this mnay be staff etc.

Keep your chins up and fingers crossed :D
Thank you Firebird Apache - can breathe again now :lol:
i think you lot that are hanging on to july are very brave, am afraid we had to jump ship when it all went up in the air after the hit squad program,we were due to go on july 12th
we are going to cuba now on july 13th , we had to pay an extra £700 which annoyed me at the time and has annoyed me since as they have now bought the price of the same holiday to cuba down by over £800, trouble is if we had waited would it still be available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anniewinnie - risk you had to take.

my holiday cost 4.5k for 5 of us - cannot afford to find an alternative and pay more, will have to wait for FC to either take me to KABC or cancel my holiday and hope there is something else for 5 (9 Aug - 2weeks)
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.