General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
You're not being silly at all.

IMO: you cannot put a price on this and whichever detector you buy, it can be used at home as well as abroad, so consider this when looking at the price and how much use you can out of it.

One of the main features to consider when buying a carbon monoxide detector is that you need something loud enough to wake you up or alert you, before you slip into a comatosed state.
I personally and this is just my view, think that those strip contraptions are a waste of space.
Make sure you buy a detector that has the kite mark or the new European Standards number EN 50291

Just found this...it may help you decide.....B&Q, Argos usually stock them.
http://www.carbonmonoxidekills.com/the_european_standard.htm

£25 (or there abouts) is nothing if it can save lives and give you peace of mind, shop around before next Tuesday.

HTH's

Sanjiiiiiiiiii
I personally would go with an alarmed detector.

That way it will tell you when you are at risk, rather than you having to remember to look at the colour indicator.
Hi knitter

My son got one of these

http://www.safelincs.co.uk/product.php?xProd=236

He is a technical sort of guy and has worked abroad in the holiday industry so I reckon this one is reliable.

Can't say where he bought it as he's out....probably a local DIY place.....but I'll update this later for you :)
or you could order direct if they think they can get it out to you in time.

Edit------he got it from Homebase
  • Edited by Acorncup 2006-12-09 15:35:56
Don't know if they sell them in store, but the alarm type is advertised on the Tesco website at just under £30. :roll:
I got my mains powered one from Focus DIY for £20. A replacement cell for the old battery operated one was going to cost £14.

luci :wave
Woolworths have a reduction in price on one....and although it say the item is not available, that doesn't mean it is not worth trying in your local store.
At this late stage, it might be worth considering.
HERE

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiii
Thankyou for your replys. I will definately invest in one over the weekend. As you say no price can be put on peoples safety.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.