Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
you'll love it. I am 28 and my wife is 25 and we have been there 6 times in 4 years, (going first week in feb!!!!)
Type torviscas playa in the search area and you'll know!!!!!!
Bob
thanks i will, so its a good hotel then, I just hope we get our rooms next to each other, I have emailed thomas cook to ask, so will just have to wait and see.

hope you enjoy your hol, i've got 16 weeks to go!! just hope all the road works have finished!!
  • Edited by amz20 2007-01-18 20:55:28
Hi again,
You may be better emailling the hotel direct at

comercial.canarias@iberostar.com

We do this to ask for a sea view (reccomended). They will be glad to help i'm sure!

Bob
I've had a reply from Thomas Cook saying that they have added your request for adjoining rooms and a sea or pool view to your booking. Please note that these are only requests and cannot be guaranteed however, the staff will do their best to fulfil this for you.

I have also just emailed the hotel after your advice.

Is there anything else you can tell me about this hotel, I have read hotel reviews and most of them are really good.
The pool is huge, normally people put towels down at 7.30am ish (even though they should'nt). When you arrive ask for a room with a sea view, the staff are very helpful and if one is'nt available straight away i'm sure they will find one as soon as it is available.
The food is great, especially the breakfast with and endless choice.
One of the only faults with the hotel itself is the lack of plug sockets for charging phones etc. There is usually one next to the TV plug that i use to charge my PSP!
I think you'll enjoy your stay, its a great hotel (been there 6 times in 4 years speaks for itself) Its in a great location with plenty to do, but without the 'in your face Veronicas' type atmosphere.
Bob
thank you, espec for the warning about the plug sockets!

i can't wait!! this time in 15 weeks i'll be there with my mates! :D
Hi Amz20 - you will love the location of the T.P - the Moonlight bar is just at the front of the hotel and is in a prime position overlooking the beach and promenade. They have some great acts on, and all the sports to keep you entertained - plus pretty cheap beer as well! What more can you ask for. Wish I was going again.
thanks for that info.

i'm not really a beer drinker but one of my mates likes her beer so she'll be happy. i love my sports though.

last time i went to tenerife i went on the freebird boat trip but booked it through the rep, i really want to go again, on the catamaran again, do you know if this would be cheaper booking it from the harbour its self if i can?

oh and how far is it from the hotel fanabe costa sur as i stayed there last time and my mom bought a statue from one of the shops opposite and i would like to get her another one as we've had a rough few months, as my nan, her mom passed away in november.
This is the perfect spot to have a couple of drinks after a long day sunbathing on the beach. Also there is an arcade next door to keep the kids amused. I wish i was going back real soon i to am so jealous i end up wishing the year away until we return. :roll: :glynis
The Fanabe Costa Sur isn't too far away - probably 10 minutes walk at the most.

We went on a whales and dolphins boat trip a few years ago and it was cheaper booking it at the harbour than through the rep. It was only a pretty small boat, but there were only 4 of us on it - it was pretty spectacular. There are plenty of places to book - we booked at Puerto Colon, but can't remember the name of the company.
Roll on Friday!!!!!!!! (2nd feb)
Cant wait for the cheese on toast with a fried egg and baked beans on top, spicy sausage, bacon and zumo de naranja for breakfast!!!!!!!!!! mmmm.........fattening!!!!!!
amaz,

If you go to an excursion shop the prices are generally about 30% cheaper than booking at your hotel or through your rep. There is a shop called Tenerife sunshine near the panorama apts that have very good prices on the boat trips and other days and nights out :D
if you go down to the marina at porte colone there are plenty of travel agents which are miles cheaper than the tour operators , be aware of the time share touts they are a bl---y pest

bluepeterno1
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.