General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Trading Standards has just issued a safety warning about the Proteam CO alarm that has been mentioned in previous postings (available from the Times etc). It does not work properly and will not protect you against toxic levels of carbon monoxide gas. Take it or send it back ASAP and demand a refund (and an apology for putting your life at risk). Also, the colour change patches that cost from £2.99 to £5.99 are not effective (how can they warn you overnight?), you really need an audible electronic alarm that genuinely complies with the Standard EN50291. All good DIY stores sell them. This message has been posted by an industry insider.
Could we have an independent cite for this story? I have just done a search on the Internet and cannot find anything.
Their website (http://proteam.co.uk/products/1/search%7Cmonoxide/HO1227) doesn't show anything and furthermore states it is manufactured to EN50291:2001 standards.

Mark :D
Well after them cashing my cheque I still haven't received one. I was promised it was ready for despatch but still nothing. I rang yesterday and the customer service lady said that there was " a delay" on them (Ummm..) and they wouldn't be available until the end of June. So I asked her to refund my money. Can anybody therefore recommend a make that I could buy from a shop?
I saw one for sale in Asda today . It cost about £17.
Thanks TAT.I'm often in Asda :oops: so I'll take a look .Is it one with the audible alarm do you know?
I would think it will have an audible alarm because of the price. I don't whereabouts in the country you live, but the chain of Boyes shops (which are in the Midlands and the North) sell the Proteam, which is the same model of CO detector as the one in the newspaper offer .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.