Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Just back, transfers both ways were fine by coach
resort hoppa v shuttlebus. which is best

going up to alcudia soon and im undecided which bus to take. could anyone help me oput.

Where do i pick up buses and where would i get dropped off in alcudia? im staying at the delfin azul.

lastly where do i pick up the bus for return transfere?
We used ResortHoppa earlier this year and can't fault them. Their desk is just outside the main exit gate from departures. We phoned them the day before we were due to leave to confirm and they also faxed confirmation through to the hotel. We were told to wait outside the hotel reception and they arrived right on time. We're using them again when we go out in September.
Hi. We used Resorthoppa in June and had no problems at all. When we arrived at Palma, the minibus was waiting for us and there was only our drop off and another family, both in the same resort. Coming back, they were 10 minutes earlier than we thought they were going to arrive :yikes . We did speak to someone else who told us about an elderly lady whose flight was about 11 am but Resorthoppa said she had to be picked up at 4 am (presumably to fall in with other pick ups :que ). We had no problems at all and would definitely use again.
We've used Janerbus for the last couple of holidays and would recommend them - they get you to meet them at gate 7 in arrivals and take you straight to your private taxi/minibus and take you straight there so there's no waiting around or dropping anyone else off. Can't fault the service they provided on each occasion at all. Will be using them again next year. If you're emailing them, mark FAO Eva.
Can anyone help?

As noted elsewhere in this section Travel Republic seem to be offering the cheapest transfer for me from Palma Airport to Sa Coma for 4 adults and 1 child using the Shuttle Transfer service. Can I ask if anyone knows the mechanics of this service? I appreciate that I will have to board a coach and no doubt have to stop off at other hotels at other resorts along the way, but has anyone actually been on this service? Will I be dropped off at the end of a 4hr journey?

Im at the hotel Bouganville in Sa Coma and have visions of being let off the coach by the beach when the hotel is 20 mins walk from the beach. Do they actually drop off and pick up from hotel?

Appreciate any comments!!
Never used the transfer or travel republic (do they have their own bus?) but I am pretty sure you will be okay. I know the Bouganvilla Apartments just outside Sa Coma and it is at the entrance to the main road down to Porto Cristo and the airport so I doubt they will drop you off somewhere else. They have a duty to drop you off at the correct hotel so say something if they don't!

I can't post links on here but you can see other reviews about the 'Bouganvilla Apartments' if you do a google search with it, notably on the travel republic website. Take a look and I hope you enjoy your stay there!
thanks for response James,

one person said that they use Resort Hoppa?? Not sure if correct. More bothered about time of journey now as long as they drop me off at hotel. Ive read reviews of hotel which are mixed, but just on the positive side. I was restricted to choice of hotel due to family dynamics, needed a 2 bed apartment!! Actually booked via Thomas Cook hotels, thinked it worked out slightly cheaper.
I have heard good reports of Resort Hoppa so you should be alright, especially as there are 5 of you!
Let us know how you get on (and off!)
son has been using resort hopper for the last five years and has never had any trouble with them. He books online and they always turn up on time arrival and departure. :tup
used resorthoppa for about 6 years, never had a problem
the first time is always nervous as you dont know what to expect,
but like riding a bike ,once you've done it...easy peesy
also used shuttle direct very similar & no problems either
relax & enjoy :sun2
Last year we used ResortHoppa twice to get to our accomodation. In August 08 we went to Calas De Mallorca and the transfer was 50 minutes and then in October to Gran Canaria where it took us about 30minutes to get to our hotel. Both good with a couple of drop offs along the way.

We have just got back from a short 5 day trip to Majorca and used ResortHoppa again. It cost is £34 for 2 so very reasonable. We returned to Calas De Mallorca as we liked the resort last year and knew it was a 50 minute journey.

This year was awful. It took us 2 hours and 20 minutes to get to our hotel, we were the 8th drop and there were still people on the coach to be dropped off next. One family had sat on the coach an hour before we even got going as their luggage had come off first. They spent over 3 hours on the coach!!!

We had a tour of Cala D'or, Porto Colom where 6 of the drops occured. We were on the coach longer than the plane!!! I know that this is a business and it has running costs/staffing etc but it was just ridiculous.

Coming back wasn't much better. It was a mini bus so we presumed there would be 2 or 3 pick ups. We were first on and then followed 5 further pick ups. It took us 1 hour 30 minutes to get back.

We are due to go to Lanzarote in October but doubt we shall use ResortHoppa this time. I think we will be getting a taxi - more expensive yes, but far less frustrating.

I would complain to the company but doubt I would be heard

Louise
When do you pay Janerbus for the trip.

Been quoted for a transfer from PMI to Magalluf and wondered if you have to pay up front, pay half then the other half e.t.c

Regards
Hi,

You pay half plus 10 euros towards the return journey, then pay final amount owed when you arrive at airport on return drop off.
Sorry, meant to add we have used them at least 5 times & have them booked for september & october.

Great service.

Deb.
Beadie, how much have you been quoted for the trip to Magaluf? Going for a long weekend in October and not sure if we should book a transfer or just get a taxi from the airport.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.