Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
At the end of the artical you have posted it says;

"Holidaymakers affected by any of these issues should contact HolidayTravelWatch for Free Advice & Assistance". http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=74214

:tup
Yes did not make myself clear, we are going there in five weeks time, just sent them an email.
Sorry about that :duh

I would suggest that they would let you change hotel for one of a similar cost - you would have to pay an admin fee for this and any extra if it was a more expensive hotel. As for getting your money back, I would imagin that they would not offer this! The reason they will give you will be that you have not travelled yet and therefore don't have a complaint! I could be wrong, have you spoke to FC?

G
From other posts in other forms this situation has been going on for ages with FC, They have denied this to customers for well over a month now and they are still putting people to this resort but they are adding Antibacterial soaps for people to wash their hands all over the Holiday village, Many many people have been affected by this situation, When people fo to complain to FC they are fobbed off with unoficial numbers of the people affected via this issue, Personally I wouldnt go near that place even if it was free.
sadly this doesnt surprise me with this hotel as ive read so many bad reports over the few years its been opened, and from a few people i met that stayed there.

we were in a similiar situation with fc over a holiday to morocco with an influx of sickness bugs, lots of complaints appeared on various holiday sites, so i rang fc and explained i wasnt going to put my daughter at risk and to be fair to them they did refund us, this was about 18 mths ago, now whether we were lucky or there was more to the problem than we were aware about i dont know, but i would try and change if you can, especially if you have children with you. good luck
I've just phoned our travel agents about this as we are due to go there in 20 days and they know nothing about it she is going to phone me back in abit after she has phoned first choice to let me know

Gav
Hi I've just got off the phone from the travel agent they are saying that this is not a big problem and that a independent team have gone in and found no problem with the food if I want to change our hotel I will have to pay just hoping things improve now I'm really worried

Gavin
Have a look at todays Daily mail and read it yourself, Anyone wishing a link to their web page Pm me for the information, Unfortunately Ht will not let me post the url for copyright reasons.
They have told us it was an airborn virus nothing to do with the food. But when we asked for confirmation they said they were not allowed to show us or give us give us a copy. Bull !
A couple of years ago the Kaya belek in belek had a similar problem ,they sent in so called indipendent people to carry out tests ,the said it was clear ,thomas cook sent in their own team and found that it was not clear ,which promted thomas cook to pull all their guest from the hotel and fly them home , We were due to go to this hotel the following week so we phoned up to see what could be done .Straight away we were offered the sun zeynep in belek at no extra costs ,ended up to be a great hotel where i have now been eight times.

Bluepeterno1
Yes FC have told me that they have had an indipendent tester at the resort and it was all clear.
But they wont show you evidence. It's like saying take my word for it!!
why dont you ring ros she might have had a lot of complaints about this hotel and be able to give you some advice on any rights you have re this problem
A company in England is dealing with this issue for customers who have been affected by this issue, Anyone needs help call this company they already have 100 claims onboard against FC.
Pannone solicitors on 08000384384
I spent a couple of days at this hotels complex in the week leading up to the bank holiday as a day visitor and whilst we were there there was a bloke walking around doing tests in various places as we nicknamed him the mad scientist as he looked like the doc from Back to the Future. I think a lot of problems with the food in this hotel are borne from the people who are too lazy to put the lids down on the trays where the food are thus allowing the food to get cold and leave it open to flys etc to land on i between customers. Im glad to say we had great food there in the couple of trips we did there and will not hesitate to return there on our next trip to our apartment in Dalaman next year.
Been all over turkey and stayed in plenty hotels where people leave the lids of trays of food ,never once have i or any of my family had any sort of tummy bugs ,no i am afraid this bug as in most food bugs are caused at the time of cooking either by poor cooking or poor hygene.

Bluepeterno1
I have been to the Holiday village twice. The first time was the second week it was open in 2005 and although not fantastic, the food was to a good enough standard from what I recall. The second time was July 2007 and the food was amazing, so i am surprised to read that the food is being blamed.

First Choice wouldn't know the truth if it was to bite them on the backside. In June 2005 we were assured that the hotel was finished - it wasn't - and since then, ear infections from the pool have been rife in that hotel and FC STILL deny there is a problem. Me and two others in our party caught the ear infection in July 2007. It's because the pool isn't chlorinated enough.
I've posted previously however to let you know.

When we went, I suffered terrible stomach pains after a few days, the doctor immediately put me on a drip in the onsite health centre and I stayed there for about 6 hours, the other rooms were also full with people with the same problem. I had to give a sample and apparently it came back clear (cop out imo) and the doc said it was just a holiday bug! Cant fault there treatment though it was first class and I think they didnt want to cause problems for FC by admitting there was a hygiene problem.

My son had suffered on holiday for years with ear problems after going in the pool however our GP at home just said he had a problem with stubborn ear wax and gave him drops, he wouldn't agree to them being syringed. At the Pegasus, he came down with the same problem and the same DR who had treated me, looked in the ear and said the wax needed removing and should have been done ages ago. She put some drops in and asked us to return the day after. When we did, she asked my son to lie still, put some forceps in the ear and quick as a flash, removed the plug that had built up.

Like I said, the treatment was first class, however with so many holidaymakers on one site you are bound to encouter health problems. Just go and enjoy it and try not to worry too much.

---------------------------------------

I've copied this from my posting on the PP discussion forum, FC know they have issues however will never address it as I know both prior to travelling, in resort and on my return.
A video of customers inside the holiday village has been posted on the Internet this shows all their concerns at the time and makes interesting viewing for anyone thats going or has been, Ht will not allow me to post the site name as it is against rules of this forum, If anyone wants to view it Pm me.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.