Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Samos,Kambos
4 Posts
Have stayed at both Sofia (4 times) and Pavlis (once),both provide comfortable & clean rooms.If quality of breakfast is an issue Sofia vary their menu daily,but given they're only paid 2 euros you shouldn't expect more than you anticipate,however,the family are really nice and go the extra mile.
Kambos is realy quiet!We love it!
Recommend Chester's,Nick the Greek's,Acrogiliali's (sic) and Nosta's.
One word of warning:we are in dispute with Kosmar over a 32 hour delay in arrival to resort!
Kambos is great - we came back last night!!! :(
The Votsalakia hotel might be a better bet for a heartier breakfast if that's what you want since it is mainly populated by Germans many of whom are on an all inclusive!
'Traditional' Greek breakfast is not the elaborate affair of the UK or US it merely consists of a cup of coffee (Greek style of course - hot, strong, black & sweet) and a cigarette!! It sometimes includes a sweet patstry or some koulourakia (biscuits) and occasionally some bread or cheese. Lets face it who needs bacon and eggs in that heat?
There are plenty of places in Kambos that you can get a breakfast but thankfully none bearing the signs "Full English Breakfast" that would be a tragedy if this charming village becomes a mini Blackpool!
I was not intending to suggest that it was an English breakfast that we were looking for. We have now booked a studio with Manos so we will be doing our own breakfast. When we are in a studio our breakfast usually consists of half a grapefruit, glass of peach juice, yoghurt honey and walnuts, bread, jam and coffee. We have also managed to get a similar breakfast to this at two Greek hotels, both of them on the Pelion region.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.