Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Kambos, Samos
7 Posts
Hi 7eric7

Went to Samos last year and spent a couple of days on the beach at Kambos which was great with a wide expanse of sand with not many people. Take a look through previous posts as there is a lot of info on Kambos and Samos. The one thing I would recommend is to hire a car.
As Ardwyn suggest take a look back in this forum as I and others have posted about Kambos before. We are heading back there for the 6th time this August. We like it as its quiet , even in August it doesnt get too manic, and the people are so friendly, and we now have many friends in the resort.

Its on the south west side of the island, and a car is recommended to get out to see the rest of this lovely island.

If you have any particular questions about the resort I'll try and help:)
Thanks for the quick replies, I'll do a search when I get a few minutes to read everything.

A questions for now, if you would be so good.

Is there any internet access anywhere in the village?

And is there any public transport at all, or taxis as we wont be hiring a car?

Are the beaches any good, and which one would you recommend?

Cheers.
Went to Samos last 2 weeks of july last year after swopping seats with Ardwyn :lol: a Truely lovely island,
Kombos has a great beach and the resort was not at all crowded it did seem a little remote however, i would definatley recommend hiring a car to see the island
great place loved it
Is there any internet access anywhere in the village?

I think so, I'm sure I remember seeing it advertised, but cant think where at the moment!

And is there any public transport at all, or taxis as we wont be hiring a car?

There are taxis, and a bus which I think leaves the village in the morning and returns late afternoon, I think it goes to Samos town.

Are the beaches any good, and which one would you recommend?

The main Votsalakia/Kambos beach is over a kilometer long. It ranges from pebbles to shingle to sand depending on which part you are on.
There is a lovely beach about 2 kilometers away called Psilli Ammos, not to be confused with the one of the same name on the east side of the island, you can get a taxi to this from outside the Hotel Votsalakia. It is all sand, and very shallow along way out to sea, sunbeds available for hire .Also further along past Psilli Ammos is Lemonakia , a smaller beach, shingle also with sunbeds, but access to the sea is tricky as there is a rocky shelf, but excellent for snorkelling.

As the previous poster mentions Kambos/Votsalakia is about an hour by car from the airport and quite remote, which is why I assume it remains fairly quiet. I really would recommend hiring a car , but if not, I assume you are travelling as a package and as a last resort, as much as I loathe to suggest it, take the package companies island tour...at least that way you will get to see the rest of the island. But unfortunatly, the coaches cant get you to see the lovely hill villages that you can drive to [actually maybe I should say fortunatly the coaches cant get up there:lol]as they remain totally Greek.
Thanks for that, it looks like we've made a good choice then, thats just what we wanted.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.