Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi,
There is a discussion topic running on Tripadvisor which suggests hotel is not yet up and running. I googled it yesterday 'cos I was looking at Thomson holidays!
There are comments on the TA forum that point out the hotel appears on German and Russian website. Perhaps it just hasn't taken any Brits yet...
Its on the Thomson Website as one of the hotels in their pricebreaker section in March.The other 2 are Mirabelle park and Mirabelle beach.Its about £100 cheaper than booking the 3 hotels as named.I have just looked on Thomson website and it available from 11/1/07.On the First choice website it is available from 8/2/07.I really like the look of this hotel but I think I will wait until someone does a review.At least I will know it is definatly open.
Thanks, if we went it would be Whit week at the end of May. I`ve got some prices with Thomsons and First Choice and its more than I thought!! especially with it not being open yet. Its £300 dearer than the Makadi Palace, but I can`t go there now as there is a `snake` charmer in the evening. (well next door in the Grand and thats near enough)

Also been looking at Baron Palms!
We stayed at the Conrad last Nov/Dec and had a look around the Baron Palms just before it opened.Its a short distance from the beach and you have to walk through a parade of shops and be pestered by the shopkeepers.The pool area is quite small and I think it would be in part shade sometime during the day.The Conrad was lovely when we were there but recent reviews are not so good.I would like to stay nearer to Naama bay and at the moment the Dreams vacation is working out the cheapest 4star AI for the dates we want.Its £400 cheaper than the Mirabelle hotels and the Savita.I was offered a new hotel called the Tropicana Jasmine which is on the beach in Naama bay.It looks lovely on the website but there are no reviews at the moment.There is so much choice I just keep going around in circles!.
I know how your feel Jay Trip, you find a hotel - it looks nice - the you find another and it looks nicer!!! iet goes on.

I got a good price with Thomsons yesterday for Savita Resort (like the idea its new!) but they have Sunday flights and because of work on a Monday morning (can`t change our hols) I don`t think I could book it incase of a delay getting back.

If they are selling it from an/Feb then I would have thought that by the end of May everyting should be OK -also as its new and not yet opened I also would have thought that First Choice should improve their prices!

I`ll have to make a few phone calls later.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.