General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Thomas cook/airtours/going places

When thomas cook took over airtours, one of the first things they did in 2009, was to drop Cattolica Italy from there package holidays, one of the hotel rep told us, thomas cook wanted to expand in Turkey, so cattolica as a holiday destination was dropped, which cause anger with holiday amkers, as this resort is popular with uk holiday makers, and resort is family friendly

This year it looks like thomas cook are dropping at last 5 of there hotels in Lido Di jeselo, and its more or less the same reasons, the want to concentate the demand on there 4 other hotels which they will be keeping
I have just returned from Kefalonia, the locals say its been the worse beginning to the season they remember, the thomson/first choice rep only has 3 properties to look after in Lassi this year, the other holiday reps didn't seem that busy either [most paying at least 2 visits a day to their properties instead of the usual 1] A lot of the lower end properties haven't even opened yet.
One thing we have noticed is that Jewel in the Crown are now offering 12 and 19 day holidays this winter so that people will return two days before Christmas or one day before New Years Eve. We have booked 14 days in Goa in December but due to my husband's work commitments it means we will be returning on Christmas Day. Unfortunately, First Choice were not offering 12 or 19 day holidays when we booked. I wonder if the flight on the way back will be packed.
I just think it is a sign of the times. I was checking a long haul (summer) holiday and was looking at all the taxes and supplements on it and it was such a huge proportion of the cost, it made me thing what on earth will the holiday be like as most of the money is being spent before accommodation is even thought of, being syphoned off by various bodies. As has been said i guess with many not even being able to afford a short haul hop long haul winter breaks will be not be on the agenda for many.

Shame to here what you say about Greece Wizard :( haven't been for a while but have been 5 times and don't like to think they are having such a hard time of it, that's the trouble when so much of your economic success is based on tourism.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.