Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Lagoa Azul is a great hotel but it's in Arpora which is a mile or so from beaches. The Silver Sands is in the heart of Candolim, very close to the beach.

They are both great hotels but the locations very different. If you want to be near the beach and a great selection of restaurants, I'd go for Silver Sands. If that's not important, the Lagoa Azul is probably the nicer hotel.

Don't know if that helps or confuses you more. Hope not!
thanks roma.
the lagoa is coming in cheaper than s/s.but it does seem to be miles from anywhere.is arpora past the night market on sat???if anywhere ill only be going to baga or calangute during the days and at night so really got to way up the pro's and con's of the travelling to and from.
Hi Robbie don,t know about Lagoa Azul but Silver Sands position is brilliant , but from people i spoke to say its quite basic. but you are right near the beach and main beach road in candolim couldnt want a better position if you just want to eat drink and sunbathe on the beach.

regards Paul
The 'Azul' is way before the Ingo Market, nearer the M Dourada.

I would say that the accomodation would be better. The SS is fine but very basic, very near the beach.

Azul is in a quieter location and great if you like exploring, depends how much you like the beach. If you don't mind getting a Taxi Baga isn't that far. I like that area around the Baga river personally but may be limited for restaurants (unless they have been going building crazy... good chance!).

Candolim is getting busy these days so it's up to your personal taste.
thanks for your help guys.
just to throw another spanner in the works i came across the avantika in calangute which would be a prime location,in the middle of everything!so just gonna read some reports on that as that seems to be swinging the decision at the mo...
Calangute would be the busiest of all the resorts. Lagoa Azul is a lovely hotel, although SS is probably more central. However, only 5 mins in a taxi from Lagoa Azul to the beach or Baga/Calangute to all the restaurants and shopping.
thanks gemma33
im gonna forget the s/s and pick between lagoa and avantiki...the avantiki for location but not sure if its gonna be too noisy??
the lagoa as it does look great just need to find some info on the single rooms?
both seem to have all the amenites in the rooms.
ill mostly be going to baga beach so its just a choice between the 2 now.
thanks for your help
Sorry Robbie dont know much about the avantiki so cant comment, but as I say Lagoa Azul is lovely. Five minutes itself from the main road, so nice and quite, but with plenty of taxis outside the hotel. Also, if you are planning on spending your days at baga beach area then Lagoa Azul is only 5 mins in a taxi or there might be a courtesy bus from the hotel.
Avantiki might be a bit more noisy if its in Calangute, but I guess it depends on the location within Calangute.
Good luck, let us know what you decide on :D
hi gemma33
think the lagoa azul has swung it with me.the avantika looks like its by the roundabout in main calangute and from past experience its noisy there all the time,had a good look today at various reviews so will prob book the lagoa tommorrow once i know i can take the end of march beg of april off.works out at £600 for myself which i thought was ok-only £50 more than what i paid last year,just hope its still there tom when i call?
Good luck getting booked up Robbie, hope it goes ok and there is availability :D
i hope its still there.i know i should book it now
fingers crossed
just booked up the lagoa azul for 24 march so now all sorted.seemed the best option.cant wait
Thats great Robbie. Something to look forward to over the horrible winter months. We are at the Lagoa Azul on 16 April, so you can let us know what you think when you get back :D
thanks gemma33
of course ill let you know..no probs...now the countdown starts.....
You'll not regret choosing the Lagoa Azul, there are some great restaurants and bars in Arpora, its about £1 in a taxi to Baga and there is a free shuttle bus to Baga during the day. We're off on the 18th Jan for 2 weeks - can't wait - happy holidays

Paul
thanks paul
been to goa for the last 2 years and never really went near arpora only through it to cabana's or to the night market??
are you staying in the lagoa as well???hope you have a great time and let us know how you got on
Yep Robbie, we're stayuing at the Lagoa Azul, 2nd time, 3rd time in Arpora - there is a real village feel, you are mixing with locals - it's definately not touristy in the village - great atmosphere - very friendly

Paul
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.