EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
I bought a UK fax machine from someone here already on the island and it worked fine, but the connections to the telephone socket are different, II have no idea where you would buy these connectors, as mine were supplied when I bought the fax :D
You can get the adaptors from electonics shops in the UK or from just about any electrical supplier store in Spain, in the cities there are loads of these little gems - surprisinly, where I live you can get UK to Continental mains adaptors, and there are hardly any Brits here at all.
the todo 150 shops often have the adaptors as well
Blimey, up here in La coruna they are still Todo 100 shops.....

Don't forget to vote tomorrow.
Hi Kblokey...

I think you will find most telephone equipment for sale in Europe is now manufactured with an RJ11 connector as standard.

Then depending where the product is sold the manufacturers fit a lead with the corresponding final plug for that market.

If you purchase an item in the UK with a BT431A plug (standard UK telephone plug) you can either purchase an adapter to plug into the socket and then plug your equipment into this. Or change the complete lead to RJ11 - RJ11.

See link below for plugs and adapter images.

http://www.multitel.co.uk/justplugs2.html

Note the text in red this corresponds to the US market and the RJ11 cable will need to be a Euro compatible lead

paul..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.