Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Wile you wait for replies have a look through the hotel reviews HERE and resort reports HERE ;)

Pippy :)
On the Longwood & Libra web sites it shows the prices for the excursions.

Bex
Personally I would advise on 7 days only, cramming in as much sight seeing as possible. Apart from the hotel we were at there wasn't a lot else :que
Thanks for the replies guys :cheers , had considered a twin centre stay with a week at Luxor, but haven't been able to find anyone who does it, maybe we will just go for the 2 weeks at Luxor.

thanks again :)
Have you considered a twin centre holiday,Luxor with El Gouna? El Gouna is on the Red Sea also, and there are places to walk around and you have the choice of either the marina area or downtown to eat... lots of restaurants and a very up-market, hassle free resort built around lovely blue lagoons.
you need to distinguish between Taba and Taba Heights (to the south of Taba). You'll be in prime position to do the trips you mention from either, Taba itself may have a littl emore going on. Taba Heights is really not much except the hotels.

However, these are long trips, early starts or overnight away from resort; so perhaps you'll just want to relax for a day or two between trips.

If you want a bit of shopping and nightlife then either try Sharm el Sheikh - and still do some of these trips but even further to travel - or do Luxor plus El Gouna, Hurghada, Marsa Alam on the main part of the Red Sea.
Taba Heights is very quiet, there is not alot there apart from the hotels and the diving school. There is a very small shopping complex but the shops are hardly ever open. You are pretty much restricted to the hotels. As for excursions, there were plenty to choose from but they were quite pricey and VERY long days. I did the Jerusalem trip and we had to leave at 3.00am and did not return until 10pm. It was very complicated crossing into Israel and very time consuming. There were shopping excursions to Dahab but againt his was along bus trip.

If you need somewhere a little more lively, then I would suggest Sharm or Hurghada as there is more there for non divers. I have not been to Marsa Alam but i understand that it too is very quiet and mainly caters for divers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.