Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Thamks for replies, have been in the supermarkets etc but you don t think of looking out for these things unless you need them. All need to worry about now is keeping her happy on the flight. Have bought few new toys that she not seen yet so hopefully they will keep her amused. Does anyone know where the best baby shops are for proper baby dresses and shoes will no doubt be spending on her whilst there. :D
Morning everyone!

We are taking our 8 month old to Tenerife in a couple of weeks and I have a query regarding car seats. As he is too big for one of the 'carry around and strap into any car' car seats (he uses one that is permanently secured in our car) I'm wondering how we go about getting him from the airport to our apartment in a taxi, and during the two weeks we are there... what have other posters done? Do you have the child on your lap and strap yourself in? What are the laws in Tenerife for securing children in a car/taxi?

We live in Stansted right near the airport and luckily that's where we are flying from so we'll be getting a taxi from home to the airport - I'm supposing I'll have to have him on my lap in the taxi, which I'm sure is illegal... I really don't know what to do! Any suggestions/advice/comments would be appreciated!

Many thanks
on my lap in the taxi, which I'm sure is illegal

Taxis are exempt from the new laws regarding baby seats so you will be ok getting to the airport
"Does anyone know where the best baby shops are for proper baby dresses and shoes will no doubt be spending on her whilst there"

Los Christianos had a couple of baby shops - extremely expensive - no Primark over there! Don't even go there thinking about spending on clothes. My wife found some really nice outfits for my daughter - cheapest was £30, so we didn't bother!
there ia baby shop Next door to admiral travel which is near to pueblo torviscos. we used it last year, they have m & s stuff next and adams. can't remember the cost of things though it wasnit pricey. they also have buggys and lots of different baby items and i am sure they hired stuff aswell. we were searching for beachwear when we stumbled across it. It is on the main road down the hill passed harleys resturant i am sure it is where they used to hold a big market. sorry i don't know what the area is called maybe someone else will. :?
The area you are referring to is Torviscas. The admiral travel that you are talking about and the baby shop are on a corner virtually opposite the Hotel Esmerelda.
Yeah that's it. I couldn't remember the name of the big hotel opposite. thanks for that. :D
Thanks again for your replies. It is the baby boutiques that I am looking to go to someone said would need to perhaps go into the capital for those shops
That s us back and we had great time with having the baby with us. My main concern taking her with us was about her food/milk etc, someone posted you can buy baby milk quite easily over there but I prafer to use the same one she gets here so I just took sachets with me and it was ideal, jars, juice was not a problem to find in the supermarkets. She had a grat time loved all the attention she recieved from hotel staff etc.
Hi guys.
Just wondering how you get on with taking a baby on holiday with you?
I'm thinking of booking for April for 10 days, then our little one will be 6 months old which is still bottle feeding time. How do you sterilize bottles, do you take your own etc?
Thanks.
Bob
Hi Bob

We took our son to Tenerife when he was about 7 months old - I had a few of bottles of milk made up for the journey and kept them in the cooler section of his change bag (good thing with taking a wee one on a plane is that you can take the extra hand baggage!). I found some special sterlising bags in one of the baby shops (I think it was Mothercare) that you can use in the microwave - you just put the bottle, cap, teat, etc, into this bag with a little water, seal it and then zap it for a couple of minutes - all sterilised and ready to use! I found taking a buggy bag really useful too - you can pack a few extra things in around the buggy (nappies mainly) that don't weigh a lot but take up valuable suitcase space. Taking a 7 month old was really easy - he slept for a couple of hours on the plane but when he was awake it was easy to entertain him and also he was too young to want to run about!

Any other questions, just drop me a line.

Woody
Cheers woody,
I'll certinaly ask if anything else comes to mind.
The only thing is the hotel we go to is half board so there are no microwaves or kettles in the room. Only a fridge and a few plug sockets. What could i do to prepare the bottles there?
Hi,

You could take a travel kettle and then when the water is hot enough take the lid off and let your bottle bob around in it until it is warm enough for baby , i did this when we went half board but then after that holiday went self catering much easier with the kids . I even put baby food in the bottle as it warmed that up also. It was a avent wide bottle so easy to put the food in and get out.

Good Luck
Hi there

Have a look on JoJo Maman Bebe website - I've bought loads of things from there and their on-line ordering and delivery service is really good. I've just had a quick look on their site for sterlisers and they have have a travel one which may be suitable for you (and its not too expensive!)

Woody
can i just say, remember the rules on liquids in handluggage

when at liverpool airport, i saw the security men taking powerd milk, and baby food of some people with babies, because of the size of the containers the stuff was in.

wouldnt' like it to happen to you
Have a look at Steribottles, which are disposable sterilised bottles and are absolutely fabulous. You could also use pre-prepared cartons of baby milk. Of course, they are a bit more expensive than normal milk but its a nice break.

I did this when I took my son to Gran Canaria and it was a real holiday not having to prepare feeds quite so much. If your baby will take milk at room temperature then you are laughing! :P

Hope this helps!

Catherine
Hi can anyone tell me if you can buy ready made cow and gate newborn baby milk in costa adeje, going for ten nights with 3 month old baby in june.
That brings back memories, We went when the wee yin was 4 months. Superb holiday. We took all the premixed stuff with us just to ensure consistency with what he got at home. We stuck it in each of the hand luggages so at least he could eat when we got there if the cases get lost.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.