Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
likes a bevvy good on him
Yeah, - costs me a fortune! Still I suppose I owe him.
It took him nearly 65 years to go abroad on holiday - "can't eat that foreign muck". Now we can't stop him going. Turned out to be a right international jetsetter!
Hi Mick :D
A lot of the main brochures have really good long-stay deals for that time of year, it'd probably work out cheaper with them than booking independent.
I'd say he'd be better off in a hotel, partly because apartments will charge a high supplement (even at that time of year) for under-occupancy and a hotel would probably work out cheaper in the long run, and partly because most hotels have an activities and entertainment programme which breaks you into the first week or so of being there before you find you own way around. Also, it's nice to at least have a breakfast and evening meal available if you get fed up of going out all the time.
Each brochure has a different selection of brochures for long-stay winter deals. They're all as good as one another really, so just shop around for the best price :wink:
Oh how lucky is your dad.

When were all shivering at home he will be walking round in t-shirt and shorts.

I would personally say that i would think that your dad would be happy in Los Cristianos.

A neighbour of mine goes for all dec and jan and they always stay in los cris, as they say that there a lot of older people here. And they have found some bars (british type) where a lot of locals (ex pats, who now live there) go regular. i could try and find out for you which bars these are.

There are some nice private lettings on holidaylettings, people who own private apts and long let.

good luck to your dad for his good few weeks away
Oh how lucky is your dad. When were all shivering at home he will be walking round in t-shirt and shorts.

I wish I could get away at that time of year, but unfortunately I am tied to school holidays with having kids in school and also working in schools myself.
It's a miserable time of year to be in the UK (post-xmas/pre-daylight hours) and the heating bills alone could almost cover the cost of a holiday. I know when I'm retired I'll definitely be spending my winters somewhere a bit more economical 8) I often look at the long-stay offers in the brochures and hope that they're still available in another 25-30 year's time when I'm old enough to be able to please myself...
Never been to Los Cristianos, but it does look nice when I've passed through there.
Good luck to your dad Mick - hope I'm as able-bodied at that age!
Thanks for all your helpful tips. He's managed to book an appt just outside Los Christianos via holiday lettings (thanks chris) for just over £1200 for the 6 weeks. I told him that I might pop over for a week in January, to which he replied "You'll have to find your own place to stay, as I might pull a bird."
Thanks again
Mick.
Your dad sounds like a bit of a legend :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.