Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I can recommend Sea Canoe, the company that first started visiting hongs and the like. Not the cheapest but then they pay there staff, are more concerned about preserving the environment and provide one of the best lunches I've had in Thailand. They do tours from both Krabi and Phuket.

http://www.seacanoe.net/
We have just returned from Phuket and visited these islands. We used Tour East who acted as our reps through Destinology the travel company we booked though. We used Tour East for all our trips in Bangkok & Phuket who were very professional and reliable. The cost for each adult was 2,900B approx £45
When myself and my ex partner arrived at Phuket airport, we booked with the Reps that were at the Airport, rather than on the street. Although I can't remember if they were more expensive or cheaper than if you were to book on the street shops in Phuket. I think we paid £25 each, and boy it was worth it. Regardless of how much it was, the experience was absolutely PRICELESS. You are going to have SUCH a great time visiting Phi Phi Islands ! Here is 'The Beach' when I visited :

Edit
Sorry Maria- I had to remove the photo as it is copyrighted to another website.
Fiona ht mod

Enjoy it, it's an experience to endure ! :D
welcome to the Far East forum Maria- I hope this is the first of many posts!
They are my pictures, silly ! And a site I'm a Member of, so it's OK. ;)
Edit
they may well be but they do have the name of the forum on it. Feel free to download any orignal photos to our photo gallery. We could always do with more!( you need to add them to the upload album on page 1 first though)
Fiona ht mod
Hi there.
We visited those islands, and more, in February and saw several boatloads of tourists arriving at each one by canoe. That seems a good way to see the area.
The James Bond island itself was a huge disappointment; land, follow the path and arrive at a little beach surrounded by stalls selling tat.
Phi Phi was quite nice but crowded, very geared to back-packers and the beach on the north side (the south side is too bsy with tourist boats) was very disappointing.
Many of the islands were fascinating from off-shore and some intruiging caves and inlets were only accessible by canoe or small boat.
My advice - take a boat/canoe trip. Enjoy the boat ride, get some exercise and fresh air but don't expect too much when you arrive.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.