Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks for the info, guys.
This is my first experience in premium so I don't know if it is worth the extra cash.
Could you let me know what the IFE is when it's released please.
Cheers
Kev
It will be an ex-Thomsonfly aircraft, 20A/B are standard seats in the middle cabin.
Thats fine as long as the seat back tv's are working I will be happy!
I have a question........where do you get the information so you know which plane it will be?? would be interested myself to take a look.

Thanks in Advance,

Sean
hi BY-TOM-AMM-FCA,
Sorry for being impatient but do you know the ife and meals Nov/dec for longhaul yet?
thanks
Seanpritlove,

Welcome onboard :tup
Further to BY-TOM-AMM-FCA's post, you'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide.

Seanpritlove wrote:
where do you get the information so you know which plane it will be?? would be interested myself to take a look

BY-TOM-AMM-FCA works for Thomson and I have access to aircraft schedules and other systems, as well as contacts at various airlines.

Darren
Rogerdoger,

Yes, they are bulkhead and yes they do recline.

Darren
Ok cool that's great Darren! quick question for you both.

How come our flight goes via Manchester then? because the same planes can go direct from Gatwick, how come not from Birmingham?? just out of interest really.

Sean
Don't think Birmingham runway is long enough for the plane to take off fully fuelled.
That was all I could think of but when I've been there recently you see a couple of 777's but I suppose these are newer planes which require less of a run way and even the A380 was there the other month
Seanpritlove,

BHX's runway is relatively short and the aircraft can't take off with it's fuel tanks full. The aircraft has to make a fuel stop in Manchester to uplift the required fuel and use Manchesters runways that are considerably longer. BHX got planning permission to extend the runway by 400m earlier this year so once that work is completed in a couple of years, you'll be able to go non-stop. The EK 777's and even the A380 on 9th September operate flights that are much shorter and therefore don't need full fuel tanks. Those aircraft are also much more powerful than the 767. You'll find more details on this post.

Darren
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA,

You said in an earlier post that you get lounge access when flying Premium Economy.

Is that a new thing as on our previous flight no such access was offered :que

Mark :)
Only in Orlando, Its new to Thomson for this summer. The check in agents hand out wrist bands for access to the lounge when you check in.
Thanks for clarrifying that BY-TOM-AMM-FCA.

Mark :)

BHX's runway is relatively short and the aircraft can't take off with it's fuel tanks full.

Your telling me Darren.We flew on an Emirates 777 in September from BHX to DXB and watching through the forward view camera during take off was a nervous experience.

777s to me always seem to take for ever to rotate and I could see the end of the runway as the nose lifted.

Papa
Hi I'm travelling to Turkey Antalya in september 2010 and just curious to know what type of plane I will be on?

TOM884 & TOM885 FROM Stansted to Antalya

Thanks

Tom
Can anybody please let mr know how soon I can book my seats in the premium cabin flying 21/01/2010 to cancun?
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.