Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
UKGuernseyCyprus,

A cheaper alternative is to take your own or purchase it from the departure lounge. Bear in mind security restrictions, but there's nothing stopping you from taking your own sandwiches or snacks onboard.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
UKGuernseyCyprus,

A cheaper alternative is to take your own or purchase it from the departure lounge. Bear in mind security restrictions, but there's nothing stopping you from taking your own sandwiches or snacks onboard.

Darren

Many thanks, Darren. I'll whip out the pitta and the halloumi.
Hi all
Has anyone used the new, it was released on the 18th Feb, online check-in I was told this had to be done prior to day of travel but cannot be prior to 14 days so if you have a 14 day plus holiday booked you cannot obtain your return boarding cards even the travel agent could not understand it and called Thomson who confirmed that we would have to obtain our passes whilst on holiday.

:que
Hi Darren another quick question to you and all travellers who have had the dreamliner experience any good seat numbers to go for without paying the extra legroom/premium fees we are travelling as a 3 and would prefer window seats.

Many thanks
Shionhughes
Shionhughes,

Have a look on the What Aircraft? guide and click on the link about seating on the 787-8. Seating is very much personal preference though. All rows apart from 37 have windows.

Darren
Hi Darren

MAN-PFO 26/3/14 TOM2316 ( Return 2/4/14 TOM2317 )

When I booked this holiday the aircraft was a 738.
Then it changed to a 752,so I booked extra leg room seats.
Now received an e-mail saying aircraft changed again and Thomson refunding my outbound payment as the aircraft has not got any extra leg room seats.

Can you please tell me what is now operating this flight.

Many Thanks
Chris1957,

Its a 752 as far as I know.

Darren
Rogerdoger wrote:
Hi all
Has anyone used the new, it was released on the 18th Feb, online check-in I was told this had to be done prior to day of travel but cannot be prior to 14 days so if you have a 14 day plus holiday booked you cannot obtain your return boarding cards even the travel agent could not understand it and called Thomson who confirmed that we would have to obtain our passes whilst on holiday.

:que

When you check in online you print both outbound and inbound passes at the same time.
Thanks Darren.

I had booked and paid for seats 10E/10F so if its still a 752 don't know why they are saying now the aircraft has no extra leg room seats ?

Could it be that the 752 allocated has not got extra leg room seats in row 10 ?

Thanks
Chris1957,

That's possible. The aircraft schedule I have isn't updated so any late changed aren't reflected on it.

Darren
Hi Sunaddict

I could only print off outbound Thomson shop tried but still could not print inbound so they contacted the new help line who informed them it was no longer possible to print both if it was over 14 days.
Don't forget this is a NEW system which was only launched on the 18th Feb 2014.
I have checked again and they have apologised and said I will have to check for the inbound as normal.
But it is a Thomson cruise we are going on and we normally check in on the boat so fingers crossed we should be ok but I am not really concerned about returning just getting out :cheers
Rogerdoger wrote:
Hi Sunaddict

I could only print off outbound Thomson shop tried but still could not print inbound so they contacted the new help line who informed them it was no longer possible to print both if it was over 14 days.
Don't forget this is a NEW system which was only launched on the 18th Feb 2014.
I have checked again and they have apologised and said I will have to check for the inbound as normal.
But it is a Thomson cruise we are going on and we normally check in on the boat so fingers crossed we should be ok but I am not really concerned about returning just getting out :cheers

Not sure what they mean by 'no longer possible', as it only started 3 days ago.
Thomsons website says you get both boarding passes in separate windows when you check in online. I'm struggling to believe a charter airline whose vast majority of seats are sold to package holidaymakers have made it that you can't check in for both flights at the same time. Thomas Cook online check in only opens 48 hours prior to the outbound flight, but you can check in for both flights.

Thomsons website says

"Your return flight
Remember, you're already checked-in for your return flight, too - so keep your return boarding passes safe whilst you're away."
it makes no mention that this only applies if your holiday is 14 nights or less. Apart from that, anyone not paying to select their seat wouldn't even be able to check in for the inbound for a holiday of 14 nights.
Hi Sunaddict
I can only pass on our experiences with the new system I realise Thomson, in the past have allowed you to check-in on line, I have looked at the web site again and it does say that boarding passes can be printed and I have the outbound but have been informed that if I try again on the day of travel I could print the return but not before unfortunately in my case this is not possible. :(
Hi,
We are flying to majorca flight number tom 4600 on the 2nd of august 2014.
we have booked extra legroom seats . could you please tell me what aircraft we will be on and what are the best seats to sit in
Thanks
John
fulhamjohn,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-PMI-LGW (TOM4600/1) are normally operated by Boeing 767-300/ER (short haul) but I'll be able to confirm that after May. You'll find extensive aircraft information including seating plans on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). There are no 'best' seats, they are very much personal preference. Other than seat pitch, they are all much of a muchness.

Darren
We're flying out on the 28th June on TOM144 MAN-SFB.
I understand we'll be on a 767, but is it known yet which 767 it'll be? eg ex FC?

Thanks in advance
Gorcat,

It should be ex-FCA but I'll be able to confirm it in May.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.