Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I believe that when booking online you get nothing in the post apart from the tickets. I asked for a confirmation invoice and was advised that they don't issue them anymore.

Mark :)
If you want to check whether your booking really exists, go here: http://www.thomsonbeach.co.uk/th/BalancePaymentHome.do and begin the payment process. If it brings up your booking, then you know it is OK.
I was told the same as Mark when I recently booked by phone, (although I was attempting at the time to do an internet booking at the time that kept going wrong :duh )

The sales consultant mentioned that you got more paperwork when booking by phone than you do when you book on-line.

Perhaps they just assume that you are going to take screen-shots as you go through an internet booking and think that should be sufficient for their customers needs. :que
Just a thought, have you checked your spam folder? One holiday I booked on the internet, I too had received nothing apart from the initial confirmation e-mail, then later when about to empty my spam folder there was the remainder of the information. The e-mail had been sent in the name of the booking advisor i.e "Jane Bloggs" and not the company name. As I had not previously had contact with Jane Bloggs the e-mail had gone straight to the spam folder.
Thanks for all of your replies guys. I have just followed the link to pay online, but I can't as my reference has BYO in it and therefore cannot be paid online :duh Well that makes perfect sense for a holiday booked entirely online doesn't it! Have tried the phone line again. I am getting to the point where I feel violent when I hear the smarmy recorded voice.
If you need to ring First choice or Thomson ring 02476 28 28 28 and asked to be put through to the FC or Thomson call centre.
This is charged as a local call.

This could be worth a try
sorry it's not taking you to the thomson page . Go back to the homepage and type in Thomson under find an alternative number .
Don't know if this is any help.

Registered Office: TUI Travel House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way , Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9QL

§ TUI Travel PLC, Registered in England and Wales (Number 6072876)

§ TUI Northern Europe Limited, Registered in England and Wales (Number 3490138)

§ TUI UK Limited, Registered in England and Wales (Number 2830117) ; VAT Number: 233 3687 62

§ Thomsonfly Limited, Registered in England and Wales (Number 444359); VAT Number: 490 2120 79

Telephone: +44 (0)24 7628 2828 | Fax: +44 (0)24 7628 2844
missjolly,
had the same problem with them last year,booked online (first time) could not get any confirmation of payment other than initial deposit. tried email and phone no good. in the end tickets arrived on time and had a good holiday,but never had confirmation. done the same again this year and paid balance told confirmation in 5/7 days. that was 3 weeks ago,so i wont hold my breath and just hope that the same happens as last year. both times BYO reference. as long as i get my tickets in time i am not to bothered. i have sent email requesting confirmation but i do not expect reply.

have a good hol. regards percy123. :sun2
I booked a Thomson's CRUISE ONLY holiday last year, paid up front the lot, and only received a booking confirmed sheet which was sufficient for boarding the ship, and they had all the necessary paperwork done and waiting for me. No hassle at all! I have to say that I also 'bothered' them for more paperwork to take with me, but as I didn't have a flight element it wasn't necessary.

I hope that all your holidays turn out as well as mine did - 100%.
from the telegraph,
have a look here for details of who to complain to at thomsons and a phone number.
hope this helps.
After several attempts I eventually got through to Thomsons, on Saturday, on their 0844 871 0878 number. I was calling to pay the rest of my deposit and found their system very frustrating. You are given the usual choose an option and then you are cut off due to them having an unusually high number of callers. I lost count of the number of times this happened at cost to me each time for failed calls. When I did get through it was to a foreign sounding gentleman to whom I practically had to spell everything. The booking code I have does not allow me to access my details online and the only way to make payments is by phone. Now knowing this I will not use Thomsons online to book again but will get the online price and take it to the High Street shop. I find there phone system to be most unsatisfactory, and I was trying to give them money, but it suits them because they try to sell you extras while you are paying the cost of the call.
Hi missusjolly most T and FC customers are all trying and trying to get bookings confirmed through them (yes you get an email but yes you can request for written confirmations also).. Not only that some off us just want to get through because we have received messages from the Travel Agents to call them urgently regarding your booking or to simply make a payment. Trust me you are not alone, just look at all the other FC and Thomson threads.
Dial 02476 28 28 28 which is the main TUI UK & Ireland switchboard, and ask to be put through to the <fc/thomson/etc..> call centre, they usually do and it costs you either the cost of a standard call- usually the first 60 mins= free!
i have had problems with first choice because of the merger with thomsons, i booked online and when i go to my booking on their website the service isnt available, i emailed them and they replied with a phone number i have to ring to pay them, the whole point of me booking online was then it wasnt costing me extra either with phone calls or fuel expenses travelling to one of their shops.. infuriating to say the least.
at first i didnt recieve anything but an email with confirmation but i asked them and they sent it through, since then thomsons have changed the flight so then they sent me a 2nd lot of confirmation so for that i cant fault them
as stated previously booked on line,no confirmation of balance payed,but tickets arrived today.

percy123
To contact Thomson tel 01582644281 , hope this helps .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.