Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Similar to Luci I have looked and the closest I can find is this website for Blue Sea Resorts http://www.blueseahotels.com/en/hotel-lanzarote/apartahotel-blue-sea-costa-teguise-gardens there is a contact facility at the bottom of the page that might be of some help.
Hi everyone :)

1) Has anyone gone with this company? If so, what are they like, i am assuming there is no rep in resort.

2)Transport for hotels will meet us at the airport, have they got there own coach?

3) Are TR reliable?

Found a good holiday with them, and hoping to go in November, but wanted your views, thank you x
I have used Travel Republic numerous times for many years and have always been delighted with their service. They are very well respected in the tourist trade.
Depending which hotel provider they use, will dictate if there is a rep. eg - If they use Med Hotels then there is likely to be a rep on hand. In any case, they will normally issue you with a contact number. They do not have their own coaches but normally use the local reliable transfer company. I have never heard a complaint about this. All best - jenny x
Have used them lots too and they are fine :tup

Have merged your post with the ongoing Travel Republic thread Derwent :tup
sometimes they are very very good ...other times absolute rubbish ..take your pick..
i for one wont use them any more.
On the flight we are looking at, TR are using Monarch airways. Is Monarch automatically 20 KG for luggage, we pay for it separate, but it doesn't state anywhere that i can see.
Just wanted to give a thumbs up to TR. :tup used them last week for a hotel in ireland. All went well. I would have no hesitation using them again.
Hi all, just booked a week in oct to olu deniz with tr but the flight provider is jewel in the crown. Does this mean the whole holiday is under jewel in the crown or tr?? Confused lol.

Also on the flight booking it says we should receive an Licence holder’s Confirmation Invoice. We havent received anything yet just the confirmation emails of insurance, accomodation and transfers/ flights. Is this invoice compulsory ?

Cheers
Sorry cant help. I've only booked hotels with TR,.
Class2ldn wrote:
Hi all, just booked a week in oct to olu deniz with tr but the flight provider is jewel in the crown. Does this mean the whole holiday is under jewel in the crown or tr?? Confused lol.

Also on the flight booking it says we should receive an Licence holder’s Confirmation Invoice. We havent received anything yet just the confirmation emails of insurance, accomodation and transfers/ flights. Is this invoice compulsory ?

Cheers

Sounds like TR have used Jewel in the Crown as a flight provider, they may have also used them to provide accommodation - is there anything on your accommodation invoice mentioning a supplier?
No nothing , seems its just the flight. Dont really understand it, thought TR just booked it with the flight carrier ie monarch. Whats jewel in the crown got to do with the flight?
Could it be that Jewel in Crown had block booked flights for their own package customers or even run their own charter flights but haven't filled all their allocation/seats after all so are making them available to other agents as 'flight only'? I regularly the use the same TO for holidays to Cuba that always used to use Cubana and had a reserved allocation with them which if they weren't taken up for their packages they would then sell as 'flight only'.

SM
Booked a Monarch flight through Travel Republic. When i asked the operator about API she said it is not required with Monarch, just wondering if anyone knows if this is correct.
I believe API depends where you are travelling to not who you are travelling with. I wouldn't worry about it as it is easily taken at check in from your passport details.
Thanks Luci, we are only flying to Alicante
API is required for Spain. If you are concerned you could try calling TR again and hoping you get someone who knows what they are talking about, but as I said, it can be taken at check in.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.