Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Maybe the spice plantation would be a good idea, you can wash and ride the Elephants there too and it`s not all that far away either, I was quite impressed with it after many years of not bothering to go.
I might try this myself next month. How long does it take to get there and do you know how much it would cost in a taxi? I know daytripper do it! Cheers Tracy :tup
we did the waterfalls set off early morning and called at the spice plantations on our way back. we had the tour, meal and saw the elephants, didn,t get to wash them but had lots of photos with them. andy
Don't want to put you off but we went on the jungle trip and stayed overnight in a mud hut with all the spiders and lots of ants.

Sounds perfect, He He He :shush
People were getting drunk because they didn't want to go back to the huts to sleep

Sounds even better :really

seriously though, it may warrant further thinking :think

Cheers
"I'm a Datacoms Consultant get me outta here" Rog
the crocodile tip with jake the snake is a good trip. just get your taxi driver to take you. think we paid about 400 or 500 Rps. includes drinks and a bit of lunch. and if you don, t see a crock you get your money back. :D
andy
the crocodile tip with jake the snake is a good trip

"Jake the Snake" sound like a guy I should meet

Cheers
Rog the Dodge
Andy we have been to the waterfalls but want to go again in march ..the last time we went we went on the bus it took about 10..to 12 hrs it was awful all that time on a bus .......when you went did you go by taxi ...if so can you tell me how long it takes by taxi ...if I thought i had to do the bus again there is no way i would go ....colleen
hi colleen, yeah we went by taxi. set off about 7.00a.m.(ish) got there about 10.00 am. (is) got the jeep and had a good few hours at the falls. then wen, t to the platations,had some food and drink, did the trip round, saw the tarzan fellow. went to see the elephants. called to old goa for an hour or so on the way back to callangute. sat having a drink in bonnys bar around 5.00p.m. think the taxi was about 1500 R.P.S.(3 years ago) plus the jeep and enterance to the spice platation. along day :tongue but a good one :tup
andy
:thanks Andy I will have a wee think about that ..the day we went we got picked up at 7.30 am and we never got back to 7 that night I remember it was a really long day.......colleen
I paid 800R for taxi in dec , that was waterfalls, spice plantation, going to jewellers, tailors, then picking me up at night and dropping me back off from restaurant.
The best trip I have been on in Goa was the Tusks & Tigers trip.

You will get a train from Margao through wonderful scenery to Udupi in Karnataka and spend 2 nights in a hotel there. There is a fantastic square in Udupi with temples round it and if you are lucky there will be a festival on which brings the whole place to life.

The next day will be spent at an Elephant sanctuary where you will be able to get next to elephants and bathe them if you wish. You will also visit a Tiger sanctuary and will be able to drive round this and get very close to these wonderful animals.

Your Kids would love this trip. Don't book it with your travel firm but use the local agents in Goa as they are much cheaper.
Thanks for the suggestions :tup

The best trip I have been on in Goa was the Tusks & Tigers trip.

datsun05

That sounds good, could you give me some idea of cost ?

I like the idea of getting away for a couple of days, sort of a holiday within a holiday.

Cheers
Rog
daytripper do a Tiger & Tusker Tour all the details and price can be found on http://www.daytrippergoa.com Alan
We did this trip in April 2006 and to be honest I cannot remember what we paid. We used one of the travel shops in Calangute and I think paid around £60 each,
We did that trip back in 2002 with airtours(i think) it cost us about £60 then each but i can honestly say its one of the best trips we've ever done in Goa.
We have been trying to remember the name of the town(UDUPI) Where there was a festival in full swing going on theres a temple where we were shown round by the priests in orange robes you have to take your shoes off and leave them outside the temple everyone has too light a candle and the heat reflected of all those candles is incredible it was wonderful.Outside there was a elephant leading the procession you gave him a coin on the tip of his trunk and he put it in a money box.There was a very large float pulled by the elephant round the square and everyone followed it.You were invited to eat food from the temple which all the locals provided.

The sanctuary where the elephants were bought and retrained(rogue) lots had scars from people who had injured them shot wounds,detusked,chains that had cut deep into their legs, some were bought to the camp on a daily basis fed,groomed,bathed, and then walked back into the jungle where they were free to go their own way till the next morning and they would return to be led back to the sanctuary to start all over again it was marvelous.

The tiger trail i could'nt believe how big their tigers are we were took round in a large jeep like truck which i hasten to say was all caged in and we saw a lot of deer which they breed to feed the tigers.

The railway journey i thought was tiring and dusty,the seats were rock hard and after sitting on them for 4-5 hrs you know about it.Our seats were already allocated when we booked the trip with our rep and on getting on the train there was 2 indians in orange gear not sure if they were priests sitting in our seats our rep went over to them and made them move they sat on the steps of the train all the journey i felt awful.
The chai boys came round all the while asking you if you wanted TEA and sandwiches.Then you got the railway people who scurry under your seats trying to clean the floors. It was a very memorable experience i'm glad we went i'll always remember it...
I have just had a failed to deliver message back after sending an email to organise some trips with these guys ... does anyone have another email addy or can recommend anyone else ? - would prefer something organised as I am travelling on my own

I would really like to go to the waterfalls and fishing at least

Thanks ! :)
Try "Day Tripper"....lot's of happy HT customers have used them. If you use the search facility on here you should come up with contact details....or maybe try searching on google.
GFF xx
There is an actual thread on here (somewhere) for Daytrippers. Maybe Fiona will find it for us ;) PS. Ive found Daytrippers thread and brought it back to the top again :wave:
Cheers - just sent them an email so hopefullly I'll get my trips sorted soon ... Thanks again ! :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.