Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
This is our first time to Turkey & we are only there for a week. We would have liked to make it longer, but our families would not have been impressed! :?
Do the rooms have tea/coffee making facilities in them?
I read that the AI drinks selection is very limited, what's your take on that?
This is my sister's first time catered & mine for a long time, we have never been AI. We always go self catering & eat somewhere different every night, I don't know how we will get on with AI. We still plan to visit the local restaurants every other night.

Can't wait now. :D 8)
I had one last week whilst in Turkey.

I was staying at an AI resort but had to pay 55 Euros for it.

I was quite embarrassed though as he made me go topless and pull ed my bottoms up to give me a wedgie! At the time there were other people sat around the edge of the sauna, including men ,and I felt very self consious.

Although a nice experience I wouldn`t want to be on display like that again.
They do so many treatments, several different types of massages, whole body packages, special baths, loads.
There is a small gym which consists of about 6 or 7 pieces of equipment (treadmill, cycle, weights)
There is also a plunge pool, manicure place and barbers in the same area.
All the treatments apart from using the steam room, plunge pool and gym are chargeable. I have last years price list somewhere, I will find to give some idea of prices.
Question about the windsurfing, all the watersports are done on the beach, when you come out of the hotel the beach is right outside, there is a lovely chap who works for the hotel on the beach who looks after you. Ask him about any of the water activities and he will assist. There are also pedaloes and canoes. He also looks after the soft drinks on the beach (included in A/I) and in the afternoon he will bring some cakes and biscuits down for all the hotel guests. He is a great friend of mine. You do have to pay for sun loungers and shades on the beach though, believe this year it is 4lira per lounger/parasol.

In your accomodation room there will be a fridge but no tea/coffee making facilities. With reference to the drinks included in A/I at the bar etc all imported drinks and cocktails you will have to pay for. Locally produced: wine, beer, spirits are A/I as is soft drinks and tea/coffee. There is a bar in the restaurant, the main bar located by the pool and also a snack place called The Olive Garden where they do chips, burgers, ice cream, popcorn etc. Every other night or so in the Olive Garden they put a film on (they did last year).

Plenty of restaurants to find something to eat in the main part of Olu, so much to choose from.

I think I have covered the answers to your questions Karnywoo and Kimevans but feel free to carry on asking. :D
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good Turkish bath in Gumbet? This wil lbe my 5th visit to Turkey and I still haven't had a turkish bath so am determined to get one on the first day of my holiday this time! So, any recommendations welcome!

Thanks! :D
as i have been reading this forum i noticed a lot of questions on turkish baths thought this link may be of interest let me know what you think
oh by the way this is for marmaris turkish baths

http://www.hamamcilarltd.com

sorry to moderators if its a repeat post
going to icmeler on the 22nd july and would love to book a turkish bath and massage etc but travelling alone with my 11yr old son i am worried in case i can't take him with me! i will be gutted if thats the case as ive heard how good they are, maybe he can have one too or something!!!
Thanks Sioux

i'll check it out

gill
Gill
Can anyone recommend where we can have a good turkish bath in Marmaris?

If you could also give me an idea of where they are situated as this will only be my 2nd time to Marmaris

Thanks in advance.

Twiggylamb :)
I booked through my Holiday Rep, we were taken to a place on North side of main road in Marmaris. Sorry if it sounds a bit vague but it was 3 years ago !!! Would certainly repeat the experience though feel you would get more out of it as the masseurs were all hunky young males !!!! :D :D
We had a good Turkish bath at the Club Atrium in the Armutalan area.

luci :wave
Thanks luci, we are staying at the Hibiscus so its just down the road.

Twiggylamb :D
???
We went to a Turkish Baths in the Armutulan area of Marmaris. We booked through our holiday rep (Thomas Cook) who were offering it for £10 per person. When we went Thos Cook were celebrating 150 years so we got it free as we had already book 2 other trips. The £10 includes sauna and turkish bath. We paid £10 extra for jaccuzi and full body massage.
Very relaxing once you get used to young Turkish men soaping you down( :shock: ). After the turkish bath they wrap you up in towels so you can relax and cool down - wish I had a picture of my other half all wrapped up - look like he was about to do the egyption sand dance!LOL

A great time there and our skin felt really good after this treatment and still does 10 days later.
Im going to Marmaris for the first time in August, and staying in the Hotel Mehtap, and was wondering if there was a Turkish Bath nearby.

Also are men and women allowed to go in together, as Itll be just me and my boyfriend?
im also going to marmaris at the start of august (less than 2 weeks away :lol: :lol: ) i would like to go for a turkish bath and therefore like to knwo where is good (and what its near so i can find it)
:D
In the turkish bath i went to, the men and women were in seperate rooms. there were men andwomen doing the massaging but the men were extremely pervy touchin the women all over. a lot of times women complained. me and my mam waited till a woman was available. also....make sure that peoplespeak english in the turkish bath a the one we went to was aimed at mainly germans which meant bo-one understood us. x
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is a Turkish bath in Olu Deniz? Or will I have to go in to Fethiye?

Two weeks on Monday - I can't wait.....but I must get to that Turkish bath as soon as I arrive for maximum tanning potential :D :sun

Thanks x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.