Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
ola12387 i am going to in so much trouble from the mods for even this one, You mean to tell me your at WORK and reading THIS??????? well done. will send you a pm
ok briar, back on track now, Just been told that my tan is still full on and ive been back 2 weeks ( thanks to the Turkish bath) Ps what did you mean about that last message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? sorry dumb blonde and all
gotcha briar thanks.
hilda, sorry but pm me wedding story too pls :lol: really need a giggle
:wave :wave

Hya Hilda,

Thanks for making me laugh once again,after a c**p day at work,you are just what I need to cheer me up.Don't ever stop posting on here,I think you are brill. :pele :pele
hi people, after a really bad day today i just wanna know whether turkish bath is worth having? how much do they cost? how long do they last? are the men overly touchy feely?
help me out i'm off to turkey for the first time in 11 sleeps time and boy do i need it
Hı Sıs-Sar,

I would say a Turkısh bath ıs defınately worth havıng - provıdıng you lıke the heat. It's very hot and although you can pour jugs of cool water over your head you wıll stıll feel hot and sweaty. But that's the whole poınt I suppose.

They're brıllıant ıf you have a hangover - all the the alcohol toxıns bypass the lıver and come straıght out your skın. One of the best parts IMO ıs havıng the soap bubbles splashed over you wıth a gıant rag - ıt's quıte a spectacle watchıng the masseur jugglıng the rag ın the aır creatıng all the suds - then he splashes ıt over your body and the only way to descrıbe the sensatıon ıs, ıt probably feels lıke an Alka-Seltzer feels when you plonk ıt ınto a glass of water. You sort of fızz and melt and go all bubbly. But ıt's brıll!

You then get scrubbed roughly wıth a loofah-style cloth, rubbed hardly and then have lots of water poured over you. They kınd of slıde you around the marble slab lıke they're examıng a specımen and then walk you to a marble seat where they pour more water over your head.

You can pay extra for a massage whıch probably varıes dependıng on whıch hamam you vısıt. As for the 'touchy-feely' massage I really wouldn't know so can't help you there..........

Have a nıce one! You'll love ıt.
SiSar - I can definately say the one we had they were not touchy feely - they were really nice and professional ..... and oooh it does feel so nice. You must have one :lol:
Hilda, your report is brilliant, made me laugh, brings back a few memories of my first Turkish Bath ..... bet the wedding report is hillarious, if you are PM ing it, please count me in!! :lol:
:wave

sorry,Briar, :offtop
But hilda,count me in too,PLEASE
thanks very much for the advice on whether to have a trkish bath or not. I definatly think i'll be having one. its my birthday tomorrow and flying out next monday so its gonna be a late birthday prezzie to myself!!!
in that case have the full aromatherapy massage after too! and the face mask and the feet scrub, thinks its about a tenner extra for massage and £4 each for the other two!? may vary in different places, but hey you couldnt get that in uk as cheap! then float for the rest of the day!!!!!!!!! happy birthday for then!
Ive been to Turkey 12 times and never had a Turkish bath ,but after reading all the good reviews im definately having one this year . Does it really make you get a better suntan ?
Disco Queen...I got my best tan yet this year in Turkey. Had Turkish Bath and Rose Oil Massage on second week of my holiday. Skin felt great.
Enjoy.
Yours Aye, jopa
as the owner of very dry skin and whos tan disappears with in two weeks because of this dry skin i STILL have a very good tan, a month later! dead chuffed, people keep thinking ive only just come back!!! also i read a beauty tip that i followed every day and that is to take get an empty shampoo bottle but put half sea salt ( tesco cheap will do) and half Extra virgin olive oil, this should last all holiday as it wont dissolve in the oil> and every day after your shower rub the concoction all over so that you are exfoliating every day then shower it off. the oil will stay on your skin and really moistureise it!!! really worked for me and im like a fish with scaley skin most of the time, (experiment before you go to get the righ consistency, not runny but enough oil to hold the salt together in a clump in your hand)> happy tanning.
Thanks for the advice jopa and Hilda :lol:
Disco Queen - I have to say it didn't do my tan any good .. we had our Turkish Bath within the first week of being there and only been home 1 week and its fading :yikes. I'm very dark haired you would think I'd tan easily but honestly it takes forever and I think it depends on how you tan rather than asking others - we are all different.

You still have to have a turkish bath tho they are fab :lol:
hi just returned from two weeks in marmaris and once again can have no complaints.stayed at the sundream apartments in the armultalan area and the staff there were excellent, rooms were a bit basic but we asked to be moved from the rear of the complex to a room with a pool view and they moved us instantly one became available.we really liked this area of marmaris as its far enough away from the front but only a 20 minute stroll to the beach although i must say we didnt bother strolling much as there was always plenty to do where we were and the food at Palm Corner restaurant was excellent.looking forward to returning to the sundream again soon and if anyone else is staying in that area use spikey for your trips as he provides really good ones and he looks after you, we had a turkish bath complete with full body massage for £2.00. Spikey can be found about 50 yards up the road from the sundream next to the shops.
Nice report Kip,its nice that people write a report on their holidays, it helps all us left at home, to at least feel part of it all again.

Gene
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.