Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I was in Olu Deniz in June 05 & had an OK bath (steam & peel)at the Olu Deniz Resort Hotel (where I stayed, great place).

I also at the end of my holiday had a steam & massage at the Belcekiz beach hotel, next door. Which I found better, larger more profesional.

We are going back again in May this year, is there any where that you can really recommend for a great steam, peel & massage preferably in Olu Deniz or Hisaronu or even Fethiye. I am so looking forward to it, it's one of the best bits of my holiday!!!

Oh....has anyone heard of Gebeler Spa, I think it's in the Fethiye area, or near Saklikent Gorge??

Many thanks for any info.
Kim
There is the"old haman" in fethiye market area. A bit tatty and touristy though.
Never went but was recommended to go to one at the sports centre , near to the Big bus station in fethiye which was said to be a lot cleaner and more modern.
I don't know of any in hisaronu but there was one under the Aries Hotel (next door to the waterpark)in Calis which was OK,ish, but don't know if it is open to non residents.
del949
hi all

my hubby and i have been dying for a masage for ages, but here they always seem to be a bit back roomish if you know what i mean. oo errr missus. i have seen them mentioned a few times on hear.

can anyone tell us where to go where we will only get a masage,or where to avoid.

we are staying in the armutalan area, but i suppose we will be travelling all round.

thanks pam.xxx
Can anyone recommend a good Turkish Bath in Kalkan? Any idea on the cost and what is included?

A couple of years ago we went for Turkish baths at Belcekiz Hotel in Olu Deniz and loved it. We were in Icmeler last year, but didnt like the look of the Turkish baths we saw and didnt go. We're in Icmeler again in June and would love to go for a Turkish Bath - I just know someone here will advise where to go! Icmeler or Marmaris, either would be great if I felt comfortable.
As my post was moved I realise I should be looking in this thread (sorry!) I'll look into the Mersoy - can anyone give 2005 info on Mersoy Turkish bath?
:lol: Cant wait for another Turkish Bath in May :pele can anyone please recommened the best one in Icmeler? We had our last one at the LEtoile hotel and that cost us £15 each!!! Very good, but by the looks of things it wasnt cheap. Really enjoyed it even though i thought my legs had burnt off :rofl :rofl boy those slabs are HOT. Bye Anna. xxxx
OK. Mersoy Turkish bath it is then in June.

Heaven or as near as I shall get to it. :wink: :D

Cic
Here again, last year me and my wife had a great Turkish bath, they rubbed the dead skin off all our bodies (I think its spelt exfoliating) but myself having no hair (don't laugh) did not have my head done, to which after a week or so had great tan but head looked like a jacket potato!!! peeling all over. Anyway with going again this year (allbeit later than originally booked SEE other topic) was wandering if there is a reason why the people did not do this, is it normal to do a bald head or not, would I need to ask for this extra, or is not safe. Sounds daft but would like to know without embarrasing myself come July, nobody knows who I am on here........ PHEW...
Hiya,

I'm not a dermatoligist or a doctor, but maybe its because the skin on your scalp is thinner and therefore more sensitive than the skin on the rest of your body? Don't know really what to suggest to solve your peeling scalp in the sun, except loads of suncream when you're on your hols, and maybe a good moisturiser before you go?

Elaine
You should ALWAYS, ALWAYS, put high factor sun cream onto a bald head whilst sun bathing, or wear a hat, to avoid skin cancer's in later life.
I am a nurse who works in a dermatology clinic in my local hospital,men will mostly have skin cancer on head and side of face, less protection than woman. TAKE CARE
Many thanks for your concern, I do put sun cream on my head and also wear a fake Burberry hat when it is really hot (I wonder where I had that from) but still get a bit burnt on head resulting in the peeling and when sun cream put on just makes a mess.
Hi H/T Can anyone tell me which is the best Turkish Bath to go while we are in Icmeler? We used the one at our hotel last year (L etoile) which i enjoyed. I have read on another post about Turkish Baths but sorry Mod, i've lost it, and the post :rofl Bye Anna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Carol

I cannot comment on them being all the same, however most AI will let you go in their Turkish bath for free (or AI) but for the soap & peel and the oil massage after it will almost always be extra, and those are the best bits :lol:

I found last year (after paying lots for the soap, peel & massage in my AI hotel) that it would have been cheaper to go next door & pay for the whole lot as the extras were so much cheaper that it was worth paying for the bath.

Perhaps you should post a new question asking for a nice turkish bath in the resort you are going to.
I'm so looking forward to mine in less than two weeks. :D
Hi all :sun

Do any of you know, if the local Marmaris (turkish) women goes to a Hamam and if so, where ??
(I would like to go to a "real" haman and not one meant for turists...)

My friend who went to Istanbul tried Hamam there and she told, it was a completely different experience than the ones in turist areas.

:thanks
Reading the posts on Turkish Baths, it seems the Mersoy hotel sounds the best. Can anyone tell me exactly were this hotel is? We have only been to Icmeler once and we stayed at the L etoile. Which direction do i go in. Thank you Anna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
off to Sarigerme in 22 sleeps :D
Looking to find out if anyone can recommend a Turkish baths in that area?
I have also heard this should be done at the beginning of your holiday but can anyone advise if this is the same for mud baths?
Are they safe to have a few days apart i.e turkish baths then the mud bath a few days later?
Any help would be great.
Louise
x
I'm off to Kalkan in 6 weeks and we want to have a turkish bath and massage. Is there one at the Patara Prince Hotel? We're not staying there. If not does anyone know where to get one there?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.