Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Turkish Baths
308 Posts
Hi bobbsy, When we first went to Icmeler, I went to a TB through my Tour Operator(Thomson) and I was taken to one on the top side of Marmaris, not far from the main road and it was really good. I got the full treatment.
I know i have wrote about this before but sorry Mod i can't find the post :( Is it true that, if you have a Turkish Bath when you arrive on your hols your tan will last longer, or, is this a mith? Also, can anyone suggest the best one to go to in Icmeler? :kiss I know someone out there will help me. :wave Bye Anna xxxxxxxxxxx
I use the one below the Mersoy Exclusive hotel which is well equipped and has a Sauna, Jackuzi and even a solarium.

When you have the bath the lads use a mitt o scrub off the dead skin from your body so you will get a deeper and longer lasting tan.

John
Hi!

I've been recommended to take a turkish bath one of the first
days when I get to Alanya. That way when getting scrubbed and massaged
the sun tan will stay on longer, because old skin is removed.
And of course, not only that, I've heard it's really nice.

So, my question is: Where do I locate any of these places?
I'm gonna rent an apartment in Oba, just outside Alanya, near the Green Garden beach.
We're going to Ovacik next week. Please , does anyone know how to get to the turkish baths in Hisaronu? I've heard that there 's a traditional place there and would like to be brave and try it out!
Thanks
Sue A
Hi Sue,
There are a couple on the main street, one is at the top, one of the last buildings near the market site/Fethiye road, set back slightly, behind the English Rose. The other is in the centre on the left as you go down into the village, quite obvious as the door is offset and faces up the street, Hisar Holiday Club, I think.
The others are mostly in hotels. I have tried the Green Anatolia and the Asena Village but wasn't impressed as I been to a a proper hammam in Alanya.
You should try the one in Fethiye Old town, that's what you call an experience
Hi Scousemouse and thanks. Tell me more about the one in Fetthiye old town.- sounds intriguing. Is the one behind the English Rose traditional?
Thanks again
Sue
Anyone know of a good one in olu deniz
i went to green antolia it was a small place but we throughly enjoyed it as it was not too busy,and we were able to take our children too ! £10 for turkish bath , £4 for face mask £4 for foot massage and £10 for aromatherapy massage we were there for about 2 and a half hours you certainly couldnt get that amout nof pampering at home for such a small price! :D
Apparently there is a good one in the Belcekiz Beach hotel in Olu D where I am going in a couple of weeks (Hurray!) I will give it a try and report back. :D
I go to the one called the LYCIAN center its located on the main street in Hisaronu if you ask someone were the internet cafe is its just upstairs
you wilol not be disapointed ask for APO he will sort you out.
Sauna ,shower,steam room,:)
good experience and well worth a visit
the missus said Its the cleanest I have ever been :oops: :oops:
Thanks doepsmc..will look forward to hearing what its like ..i go in 4 weeks to hotel club sun city..could u find out if your one is suitable for kids..thanks nicole
Hi There
I used the one at the Belcekiz Beach last year and will be there in 5 weeks again
My Kids - then 9 & 12 came in and enjoyed. Did see some 7 - 8 going in. The staff are helpful and will advise
Lally
Thanks lally.My kids are 10 & 7.My older son has eczema and i thought this treatment might be good for his skin,but then again it might agrivate it...nicole
Hi again
my youngest has a very mild eczema and it was good for her - but her skin always improves on holiday. She has 2 small patches on her and I made sure they knew about them. As I said hers is very mild so it may be different for your son
Lally
Yes lally my sons eczema is always better on hols..especially last year as we had a salt water pool,but its much better these last couple of years anyway.Think i will let him have the treatment but just let them know about the eczema..nicole
Had a Turkish massage in Olu Deniz....was wonderful. The place was called Pasa Health Club or something similar if i recall correctly. :)
Anyone know if you can buy the gloves they use to scrub the dead skin off in England.
Usually as soon as I come back from holiday my skin goes dry and white and I loose my tan but this year I had a Turkish bath and have had no problems.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.