Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hello Bevvy and John Bee, in answer to your questions we always go on first or second day, the theory being that all old and dead skin is removed during your Turkish bath thus making your tan last, not that we care about that it's just a really great experience. We have always taken our children for a Turkish bath and they really enjoy it but there was a post further back on this thread where some one said it's not suitable for young children, but I suppose you could ask them to not do the exfoliation on your children but I believe any parent would know what is sensible and what's not, i.e. if it's very hot then cool children in cool shower etc and bear in mind there skins not as tough as an adult but it's basically like a hot bath, exfoliation, soap and oil massage. So I say go for it.
does anyone have any favourite turkish bath in Marmaris. Went to one in a hotel in Armutalan idstrict last year and was good but weould like one nearer where we are staying this time if poss. We are at Kocer near Gima Centre Thanks

Jacki
I took both my girls with me to the one in Armutalan one was 12 and one 15....they were extremely sensitive with them both....youngest even went for the massage after but eldest opted out.

Going to Gumbet in Sept with friends can anyone recommend a good Turkish bath there....I want a communal type one where we can all go together not a 1 to 1 type.
Hi

Do any of you have a favourite Turkish Bath in Marmaris? Went to Club Atrium last year and it was pretty good and nice and private but staying nearer the centre this year at the Kocer Club and wondered if there's anywhere near there that anyone can recommend.

Thanks

Jacki
Are they as fun as they sound? And am I right in thinking that it would be a good thing to do early on in our holiday in order to exfoliate skin and possibly help with the tan?? thanks in advance
Yes your correct go for it on the 1st day you arrive, Subject to it being open, Mind you there are hundreds of them.
Hey, sorry to barge in, but we will be arriving on the 30th of September to Marmaris, should be in resort for about 6.30pm - will there be any turkish baths open at that time and also, will they take us there and then or will we have to book? - would also like a communal type one (well there are 2 of us(girls), and we dont want to go alone)

PS we are staying at the ER and OS, so if anyone knows of one near there that will be open and there is no need to book it, then I would be very thankful for the information

xx
Would like to book a Turkish bath for the 4 of us for our first day in Gumbet.....where in your opinion is the best place to go
Hi Tangobunny,
See if you can get to the Rayola in Ortakent. It is about twenty mins from Gumbet it is brilliant. They pick you up from your hotel and bring you back. It is not the cheapest but it is the best I have ever been to. Any travel shop will book it for you or your hotel who will try to talk you out of it if they have got their own. It is much better than any other around which are glorified saunas.
Marg AKA Tinkerbelle in other places
Thanks....Just googled it and found the website....it's about 30 tlira PP
That's not bad I payed about £10 for the one I had 3 years ago.
I'm assuming you get the whole package here as some don't do everything I found the website a little difficult to follow
I want the sauna,exfoliating mitt,soap massage and then the aroma massage after.
My mate went to one somewhere and all she got was the sauna and a soapy massage followed by a basic oil massage......no exfoliating mit no aroma massage.....and no beverages.....I want the full works please
If anyone can translate this into English, it might help! I know what one or two words are, but not enough for a full translation.

HAMAM
KESELEME , SABUN MASAJI , LİFLEME , KOMPLE YIKAMA
FİN HAMAMI ( BUHAR ODASI ) 14 KİŞİLİK
SAUNA 20 KİŞİLİK
ŞOK HAVUZU
JAKUZİ 40 KİŞİLİK

EKSTRA AKTİVİTELER
MASAJLAR - 10 Dk - 20 Dk - 30 Dk - 45 Dk
AROMA MASAJLAR - 30 Dk - 45 Dk
CİLT BAKIMI
SABUN MASAJI ....Soap massage
MASAJLAR....massage
AROMA MASAJLAR ....aromatherapy massage

That's about it for me.....precisely why I asked ....not sure of the translation myself
You know the same words as me Tangobunny! Hopefully someone else has a bit more of the lingo than we do! :roll:
Here's a link to translate Turkish to English http://www.sozluk.web.tr/
If the link doesent work copy and paste it into a new Browser.
Unforutunately I tried at least 6 words....none of them were found.
Looks like we'll have to wait until we get there
Can someone tell me please if you have to get the water poured over your head when you get a TB.
The reason i ask is because i can`t allow water into my ears, i really want a TB.
Nope you dont have to....the one we went to Amutalan was a mixed one....a boy came round with the water and you could have it or not it was up to you
There was a type of fountain thingy in the wall where freezing cold water poured constantly into a marble bwl.....with a ladle in it.....you could help yourself to water if and when you got hot.
We had a group of dutch people on our trip....right headbangers and they were flinging the water at each other....some landed on my hubby so he threw some back at them.....ended up with a water flinging fight.....not everyones cup of tea but it was brill fun and we had a ball....everyone in the baths was in stiches even the masseurs joined in
Thanks Tango,
that sounds ok, i`m ok if i just get splashed with water, it doesn`t go in to my ears so i should be fine if peeps have water fights :lol: so long as no-one throws a bucket over my head.
Thanks again xx
That was like us tango. We went to one outside of Dalyan, it was brilliant, a proper old one and room enough in the one big domed room for all 13 of us. It became one big water fight because there were only 2 guys doing the bath - one on scrubbing and one on soaping so while we were waiting we ended up on a constant fill up of bowls and hurling them at each other - it was a really good laugh. Although I would say as there were so many of us our scrubs and soaps weren't as long as ones I have had before.

Loulou it won't be a problem but when you go in tell them that you can't have water poured over your head and they will make sure they don't. Different places have different wants of doing things and I've had them pour water over my head and wash my hair before now, but last time they didn't.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.