France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
1. What numbers do our neighbours dial from their UK landlines to reach us on our mobiles in France? 07880 123456 (me) and 07880 123457 (the wife)

Your neighbours just dial your normal numbers as though you were literally next door. No changes to your numbers.

2. In reverse ... what do WE dial to reach our neighbours' landlines in the UK?

You dial your neighbours' numbers from your mobile phone as normal. If you are telephoning from a FRENCH LANDLINE you will need to dial
00 44 and then miss off the first 0 of your neighbours' numbers eg
00 44 01244996975 becomes 00 44 1244996975. (This is intended to be a made up number, but if it's anyone's real number, SORRY!!)

3. What do we dial to contact each other whilst we are in France?

Just dial the normal number with no change to any codes etc.

Please be aware that your call is routed via the UK even if you are calling your other half in France from France.

Make sure that you have enough credit before you cross the Channel as you may not be able to recharge your phone either in France or from France.
Thanks Alsacienne. I knew the answer would be on this site. :D

The description you just gave was the latest we had received from Vodafone but other clowns in that company kept telling me our neighbours had to dial 0033 (the French international dialing code) in front of the mobile numbers.

Thanks too for the heads up on the credit. We have already done that but I didn't appreciate we may have trouble topping up once in France. I'll bear it in mind.

MM
When you input your phone numbers to your contacts list there is a shortcut for this
ALWAYS press and hold zero theis will come up as a + the tap on 44 then the number but without the 0

as with your wifes number it would look like +447880123457
this then works in any country
also if you can get the Vodafone Passport is cheaper as long as you are on for a couple of minutes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.