Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Probably been answered before but do children (3 + 7) pay £10?
Superdan,yes they do,even babies have to pay.

Diane :wave:
Maybe the UK should adopt a system like that. With all the illegals we have. Should make the goverment a tidy sum (Cancel that. They make enough money from us as it is)

Yes you need a £10 note. Give it to the man on the customs desk as soon as you get into the main airport. He will stamp the passport and you carry on through. Pick up your bags. Etc

When we came through. We noticed he had a very large wad of notes. I wonder if he pockets any ;)
It's funny but when I first went to Turkey they asked for two £5 notes and wouldn't accept a £10 note. We were convinced then that it was £5 for the visa and £5 to go in their pocket ;)
does every nationality have to pay the visa or is it just British people?
im sure its everyone!cos when you are at paying bit you can see displayed what each country can pay in and how much it is!x
not every country pays, but plenty do have to pay different amounts
Just come back and at Antalya airport you queue first to get your visa at the visa desk and then you go through passport control and its £10 notes for each passport we we were told they dont accept £20 for two, I spose depends on who you get on the day.
I always put a £10 note in my passport as a few years ago someone reported that they gave a £20note for her and her husband and they demanded another £10 stating that it was a £10 note she had given them. :yikes
I have given a £20 before for me and my baby daughter and been fine but I know they can be a bit funny sometimes.
There are 5 in our family and we always make sure we have a tenner each, dont want any confusion or comebacks.... ;)
If I go to the Turkish embassy in London and get my passport stamped there for free will I have any problems once we touch down in Turkey? I know a tenner isn't much but aren't visas supposed to be free? I don't like thought of being ripped off and with 12 in our group we're talking about 120 quid!
You can't get a free visa form the Turkish embassy. If only !! If you get a visa from there it is lot more hassle and costs a lot more.
Thanks for the reply. Just thought I'd try my luck! A tenner each isn't bad at all really.
ive been going to turkey for over 27 years and up to 6 times a year to different aiports in turkey and never have they refused £20 notes , nor have i ever had any problems using them :que
With visas the Turkish goverment has agreements with all other goverments on the pricing structure for the visa's, Take for instance a Turkish person visiting the Uk it cost's them far more than £10 to visit here.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.