Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
hi lorraine
we have reviews of your hotel here
Also if you click on Calangute below the hotel name it will take you to the reviews of the resort.
Hi Lorraine. You lucky things going for the first time! We are regular visitors now but nothing will ever beat the first time we went 5yrs ago. Those memories are the best ever! Enjoy!! :lol:
Anne.
Hi Lorraine nothing can prepare you for your first visit, put it this way if I could have found the rep I would have been on the next flight home, that was last March, I now live here.

Lez
Les sums it up so well. When you arrive at Dabolim Airport and walk out of the terminal you wonder what you have let youself in for :shock:
Apart from that and getting over the initial culture shock it is brilliant. Have a great time :D
The first time is an eye opener, and you will be wondering why you ever decided to go to Goa, but by the end of the first week, you will realise why MOST people love it.
Ill echo everyone else.

Day one ~ Cried my eyes out I actually said to my husband ' I cant stay here, its terrible I really want to go home, I cant believe what we have done'

Day 2/3 ~ It was love :D

Go with the flow, keep an open mind and im sure, like the rest of us, you will fall in love with Goa.

Enjoy your holiday Lorraine

:)
my first time 13 or so years ago i was the same ....mind you it was even more basic then!! ..... I also cried and wanted to go home and like Les i live here now so as said previously 'go with the flow' and you will love it hopefully,
few.... tips dontt tip loads at the airport and do not let them intimidate you .... for money i mean just say no!!
barter where ever you go as otherwise you will pay far too much and just carry wet wipes to wash your hands before eating as you will shake hands with so many people,
put your mozzie spray on before you get bitten morning and evening there iis about an hour each end of the day that they go mad hthe rest not too bad, and enjoy!!!!
chilly :)
You will just love it,we have been 5 times in 3yrs
and already booked for, Jan/Feb 2008,we are also
taking friends for their first time,they cannot wait
after all our going on about Goa,have a great time.
Ann
Hi Lorraine
We just got back from our first visit on Sunday. Like everybody says first few days you wonder what is going on. Get over that, go with the flow and it was great. The people are so friendly, food was great never had a bad meal all fortnight. 14 year old daughter already says we've got to go back again next year.

Mick, Mandy and Mel
:lol: I'm sure you'll hate it! Give me your tickets!
Hi Lorraine,
First thoughts when you arrive (Shock, Horror).
Day One - Massive culture shock.
Day Two - Start to venture out & meet people.
Days Three to Fourteen - Realise why we all like it so much, genuine, gentle & the loveliest people you will ever meet.

Enjoy, relax & sample food & culture second to none.

Best Regards
Stewbacca :fly
P.S I am taking two elder brothers in April (their first visits also), can not wait to see their reactions when we arrive

Regards
Stewbacca :lol:
:D

Just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everybody who has replied to my message - the views/tips/advice/stories I received were invaluable!!

Been to get our visa's today (not a bad wait really)- one week today and we set off from Manchester Airport!! Can't wait!! Having to give my six year old son his malaria tablets crushed up with a spoonful of jam! A small price to pay for what sounds like a truly exotic holiday.

Will let you all know how we all get on and share our experiences with you when we get back. We are all so chilled out thinking about this holiday, are only taking the essentials.

Any more views would be appreciated.

Lorraine x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.