General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Had a week in Malta in January which was lovely.

A week in our favourite cottage near Looe in Cornwall in May - 2 days in Bridport on the way down. Not long to go now.

Croatia in September - never been before so really looking forward to it - looks like stunning scenery.

Pippa
Fuengirola 5th august 2 weeks hotel angela ...again..... cant wait :sun2
portugal on the 6th august let the countdown commence :sun2
well, little weekend in Chepstow for some scuba diving at NDAC on 24th/25th April..a weekend at Carnforth, scuba diving at Capernwray the week after that...a week in Malta 18th to 25th May...chuff knows how many trips up to St Abbs for more scuba diving and then..the next biggie..a week's liveaboard the Blue Horizon leaving Hurghada on 10th December for a Northern Wrecks and reefs tour. :D
Torquay on 29th April for 3 nights. (Thinking of eventually retiring there so doing a reccy!)

Ibiza (9th year running!) 29th May for 2 weeks

Tenby 7th July for 3 nights

Gran Canaria 20th Sep for 1 week.

Also planning another trip to Sharm el Sheikh sometime in the winter!!

Bring it on!
Lets hope we all get there, cos of this blasted volcano..it could go on for months is what I have heard...I only have one holiday a year...it better not be ruined by this.
We should be going to Benalmedena on Wednesday from Blackpool with Jet2 - but who knows? :que
Good luck to everyone out there! :wave:
jings its 7 weeks on Sunday til I go on holiday now!!! The time has flown in! Just hope this volcano gets its act together before then lol
Cornwall, methinks. Although haven't booked yet...

But at least I won't need to book a flight. :)
How greedy am I!! Although I'm due to go to Tunisia on Saturday for a couple of weeks, I've been checking flight prices and have just booked flights for another couple of weeks in October. Booking Thomas Cook flights through Thomson's website I've saved quite a bit and it is confirmed that check-in luggage is included in the fare, whereas for Thomson's flights luggage is counted as an extra.

We are also having a real family camping weekend at the end of June though I'm not sure where as the kids have booked it. I've never been camping before but there may be about 15 of us so it should be a laugh.
we were originally going to nabq, red sea in september, i am very much one for 'gut feeling' and tried to get excited, but too many things were putting me off, especially when i logged onto TA over the weekend to be met with 10 reviews for our hotel highly punctuated with the words 'diahorea' and 'hygiene issues' myself and the good man in my life had a heart to heart, over a bottle of vino (of course...) and decided to scrap it (to the tune of £70 for 'admin' with thomson...grrrrrrrrr) and have plumped for cuba which we love, this time to holguin which we have not yet visited, departing the day before the original holiday, and for the same price as egypt give or take £20...

i appreciate that just as many peeps love sharm as those that don't, but it just wasnt 'right' for us before we even arrived, and i feel so much more excited now, so much so, i am kicking off the healthy eating regime after the 'big shop' tomorrow, the motivation for which has only appeared since egypt got the boot so i've obviously made the right choice!
moral of the story, don't book holidays you have to convice yourself about,and having to pay £70 to rebook is a fair price to pay for peace of mind-still slightly bloody annoying ;) though!
Just wondering.... (and maybe this calls for a thread with a poll, if there isn't one already)....

But how many here are planning on holidaying 'at home' this year, and how many abroad? From what I read most here still seem to be flying off somewhere.... despite all we hear about recession etc.

:que
I was very excited when I started this thread , having just booked my hols, though unfortunately I had to cancel mine because my other half ended up having nearly 7 weeks of work due to the bad weather at the beginning of the year, meaning we could no longer afford our holiday, so it will be a short break in the uk for us this year, not sure where yet :think ???.Though we have booked to go to Egypt next easter so can't wait, and we have lots of time to save up our pennies;) .
Pippa. Croatia is brilliant. The scenery is fantastic. and food super. :whoops :offtop
Cyprus for 2 weeks in Oct. Florida next year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.