Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Only just seen this post. Have to agree that Turunc is the best, and sounds exactly what you are looking for. We also don't think the road is that bad, but not sure whether its just because we are used to it.
There are taxi-boats regularly from Turunc to Marmaris,Icmeler or in the other direction Amos and Kumlubuk. There are also many excursions by boat, so it's possible to have a fortnights holiday in Turunc and still get out and about without going over the mountain road.
If you do hire a car you can also get all around the Bozburun peninsula, which is lovely without going all the way over the mountain.
I think any property which is not in a complex will be expensive. If you do decide you want to pursue that any further in Turunc I can give you the website address of the lady who manages our apartment she looks after several lovely private properties I'm not sure whether any are individual though. If you let me know I can PM you her website address (its against the rules for me to put it on here)
Hi Kayley, if you need some advice on Turunc and what's available, I'd recommend you giving Icmeleronline a call - they are a Travel Agent based in Icmeler and Liverpool and they have a UK number

They have lots of experience in that area as well of the rest of Turkey and in my experience, will give you honest advice without ANY hard sell. They also offer flights and transfers at good prices.
Hi, I do know what you mean about the twists and turns! I bought Dramaline (a travel sickness pill) for that part of the journey!

I didn't realise you were travelling in May. Turunc is small and it's possible that some of the shops & restaurants might be closed that early in the season. Are you interested in sunbathing/swimming? If so, you should consider one of the south-east resorts as they'd be much warmer.Side in the south east is quite villagey and is reached via a relatively straight road. It's near a lot of the heritage sites.

Early May in the Dalaman resorts could be warm but not necessarily sunbathing weather. The temps would be ideal for visiting the heritage sites, though. The sea is also relatively cold then: only about 19-20c as opposed to 26-28 in August. Olu Deniz would probably be lovely in May; it's much bigger than Turunc so I imagine more restaurants & shops would stay open.

Write if you have any more questions! I have only ever visited in August due to school related constraints but The Weather Underground Site has the day by day temperature history for many places in Turkey over the past few years. I've found it an invaluable resource when planning holidays. I would be wary about early May unless you're going purely for sight-seeing as much of the Med can have rain and quite cold weather then.
Thank you. You have all been very helpful.

I'm having to hold off planning at the moment due to a family crisis but will hopefully be able to get back to it.

Happy New Year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.