Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Bridd
Air Scotland use Boeing 757-200's
Enjoy your flight to Paris. :D
Thanks Polisian. Never used this airline before. I think they're quite new.

Bridd
they are actually a greek carrier using the brand of airscotland ! strange but true !
I have heard that the are replacing the 757 with smaller Boeing 737's and getting larger L1011 tristars for longhaul - New York, Miami, Toronto, Havana have been mentioned.

We shall see.
The airline attracted some negative media coverage today, please click here for more details.

David :wave
Oh dear :(

We're using them to go from Glasgow to Paris in a few weeks. Fingers crossed.
Bridd
Heard a rumour that the lease of the "2" L1011 Tristars have fallen through. Anyone know??

Nivsy
I flew with Air Scotland last year from edinburgh to Girona (Cost Brava) and we had no problems at all, there was no delays, the staff were friendly, would certainly use them again.

Gull
Hi, We,re flying with Air Scotland in September to Alicante. Can you tell me what on board services they have for food and drinks.

Cheers Alexa :D
I'd like to know about the food and drink too. I'm flying with them next week and theres nothing on the website about meals. Think I'd better get a sandwich from M&S on the way to the airport.
Bridd
I'm answering my own question!
Rang Air Scotland re meals. They don't provide an in-flight meal but you can buy sandwiches, muffins, coffee etc on board. Also cup-a -soups, which is a new one on me.
Will report back next week once I've experienced the catering first hand.

Bridd
Well...have a good time and enjoy the "cup-a-soup!!!" I would be more concerned of the aircraft actually departing on time! ha ha.

Nivsy
The food sounds like what theyoffer on a flyglobespan flight, if you go to there website you can click on to see the menu.
Well, thats us back from Paris on Air Scotland and I would definately use them again. Both flights left on time and went very smoothly. The planes were both 757s. Not new but ok. Neither flight was full, in fact coming home last night we were in seats 4a and b, in the front bit of the cabin where you turn left towards the front. There were about 60 seats in this part, 10 rows of 3-3. Only about 17 of them were occupied. Even the bulkhead seats were empty, although the back of the plane seemed much more crowded.
The catering was very simple - you could buy tea, coffee, snacks etc.

Also the first time I've gone away with just hand luggage. Brilliant! Will definately do that again.
From the time I took my seatbelt off till I was on the pavement outside the terminal getting picked up -5 minutes.

My only concern is that if they're flying with so many empty seats they might go out of business.

Bridd
Thanks for the positive info Bridd . Definately hope they keep open Scottish flyers need them.

:D Alexa
Hi just booked a DIY holiday for Benidorm at the end of Sept flying out of Glasgow with Air Scotland and flying back into Edinburgh , booked them seperate as times where better that way. However when I printed off tickets it said Greece airlines does anyone know anything about this

Deb
That's the company that owns Air Scotland. My tickets said the same.
Bridd
is it actually a Greek airline though and do you know if they have British Cabin Crew or Greek. I dont mind either way but would like to know

thanks Deb
Owned by Greeks. When we flew the cabin crew were broad Glasgow. South side if I had to guess!
Bridd
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.